Resonated vs Non Res

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've had a BCS sport system with their 200 cell cat (flows 95% of a decat so no losses and passes MOT = win/win). Had both resonated and non-resonated options. Noticeable difference between the two, resonated is only very slightly louder than the standard exhaust. Non-resonated is LOUD.
I will actually have the system up for sale in the next week or so, but it has the normal left hand Cupra tailpipe
When you say loud, we talking annoying loud? I'm only really bothered about the start up sound when leaving my house... When I'm gunning it I'd like it to be loud haha shame you don't have the dual tip like mine as I'd of snatched it!

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
When you say loud, we talking annoying loud? I'm only really bothered about the start up sound when leaving my house... When I'm gunning it I'd like it to be loud haha shame you don't have the dual tip like mine as I'd of snatched it!

Fairly loud from cold especially with the 20 seconds or so where it holds slightly higher rpm to preheat the catalyst. Giving it some it's great fun, nice idle burble and pops on the overrun. Oulton Park static noise test was 102 dB @ 4000 rpm.
Not sure how much BCS would charge for just the rear section to fit the R, would only be the rear axle back + tips

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members