Resonator Delete

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Hi,

I am looking at getting a resonator delete on my Cupra 300 as I would like the engine idle noise to be louder and also the down shift pops. The DSG bangs do sound alot better with the window open so would be nice to have the same sound with windows closed.

I have two concerns at the moment, one of them being the fact I have 3 years warranty on the car and I dont want this to be void. Also would you need to notify your insurance about this? if so surely they cant have a problem as it's not performance enhancing.

Thanks

Ryan.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi,

I am looking at getting a resonator delete on my Cupra 300 as I would like the engine idle noise to be louder and also the down shift pops. The DSG bangs do sound alot better with the window open so would be nice to have the same sound with windows closed.

I have two concerns at the moment, one of them being the fact I have 3 years warranty on the car and I dont want this to be void. Also would you need to notify your insurance about this? if so surely they cant have a problem as it's not performance enhancing.

Thanks

Ryan.

It could affect both to be fair. If you ever have an issue with the exhaust system and need warranty work doing (to the exhaust system or anything related to it), the dealership could refuse to honour it as it has been modified. It's down to the dealership in question on this one, some are picky as hell, some won't care and will crack on.

Again with insurance, even though it isn't a performance mod, absolutely any excuse to get out of paying for a claim and they'll take it. I've heard of insurers voiding policies because of factory fitted extra's that they weren't informed about believe it or not. That's going to the extreme, but I wouldn't put it past them to refuse to pay out if you've modded any part of the car, they find out and you haven't told them.

Mysteryblue

Feb 11, 2019
Exhaust, if covered by warranty, would be the only thing to not be covered by warranty if you do the res delete. Absolutely need to tell your insurance company as they will try to use anything against you in the event of a claim.

ETA you say you have 3 years warranty on a 300... if it's a brand new 300 st then they dont have a resonator and you would be looking at a backbox delete instead

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The exhaust system is warranted, but there are some exclusions, such as corrosion. Our Tech manager said that a resonator delete will not affect the general warranty except in direct relation to the exhaust. he specifically mentioned noise and vibration.
I took from this that a dead cat for example would not be covered.
He even said that if I got it done, he'd like to check it out and perhaps offer the service to owners.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise