Restoration

Pikeman

Aug 17, 2019
Hi all, first post. Just started a bit of a restoration on the other halfs cupra. Not been used for 3 years but way too good to scrap.full leather interior in excellent condition. Let's hope it starts lol

Attachments

• 20190817_182529.jpg
    20190817_182529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 20190817_182547.jpg
    20190817_182547.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

Pikeman

Aug 17, 2019
Left outside . So brake discs are very rusty but it rolls fine. So changed oil added fresh petrol so will see if she fires up.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ok, how has the yellow paint held up after been sitting dormant for so long?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
She’s a beaut

180hp Cupra? I love that it has the top sport bumper... looks neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pikeman

Aug 17, 2019
Hi paint is perfect as is the black leather interior. Yes it's the 180 who one. Well it started first go on a new battery and drives perfectly !! No warning lights but the temp warning light in the gauge was on from start-up. Kept an eye on engine temp and it settled at 90. Do you think it's a sensor issue? Next step mot.

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
Bit like mine, but mines a 225 Cupra and sat on the drive since passing the last mot almost a year ago as I had to buy a diesel due to the daily mileage I travel to work, 42 miles each way.

Just started her up today, started first time although battery a little sluggish but fired up on about 2nd turn. Needs a few little bits doing but as you said about yours, this one is way too good to scrap and has had a number of bits done for the last mot

I've just 'moved' her a little bit...... Such great cars!!!

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
Can I ask how you did your pics, mine come out way over the 1.5mb limit so I can't add them straight on, I know this may be a stupid question to people but I don't know the answer?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Can I ask how you did your pics, mine come out way over the 1.5mb limit so I can't add them straight on, I know this may be a stupid question to people but I don't know the answer?

Either use the app Tapatalk it automatically compresses the image file. Or download an image compressor app and do it on your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CooptoCupra

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
...No warning lights but the temp warning light in the gauge was on from start-up. Kept an eye on engine temp and it settled at 90. Do you think it's a sensor issue? Next step mot.
Don't mean to sound patronising but have you looked at the coolant level or the metal prong inside the reservoir to see if it's corroded?

Car looks really tidy, btw.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
To the OP I was Inna similar situation I adored my car (still do) but got a new motorway diesel and because it was newer it was my new toy. Although it's completely standard and will stay that way, you kind of loose the love for your old car until it comes to MOT time and you got to get it started...I have had about 3 battery's in 3 years literally because I never ever use it.

Every time had new battery I remembered just how good it was to drive and I would drive for a few days then get in my motorway wagon then forget about it again.

Like you, I'm currently in the process of doing mine up but it's a matter of getting rid of the rusty bolts and other bits and bobs, changing MAFS and coilpacks and basically braving the pain that is to clean all the crap and mold of and find rust and knocks and dings etc.

Fair play though

Pikeman

Aug 17, 2019
Hi all, the battery is showing 12.9 volts but itnwoth turn the engine over? It starts fine off a jump start any ideas?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.