Retarding after remap!

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Hi guys, recently got my car remapped by GIAC dealer and car feels much quicker now but when accelerating up to and around 80 - 100 mph, I'm getting what feels like a timing retardation or a backing off of boost? Plant your foot down again and she carries on pulling no problem but let off the gas and retain constant speed and she stutters! Notice car is very thirsty now too, but dunno if this is related?? :confused:

cheers

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Stuttering... It is a common for this engine, I guess..

There is a thread on this. There is also another post on "Diagnostic light..." thread.

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Crize said:
Stuttering... It is a common for this engine, I guess..

There is a thread on this. There is also another post on "Diagnostic light..." thread.

There is no CEL or error codes as I'm aware! Could this be down to the N75J valve? I may replace with the standard N75!

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Well, N75 replacement with N75j (from CupraR) seems to work for some... for others doesn't.
Generally, as far as I get it, u start with a throttle body cleaning (how old is your car, btw?), TB alignment, then check the DV and/or N75.

Then again, it is common for this type of engine to stutter after tuning. You might also want to ask your tuner to adjust your torque curve.

Ultimately it is the "N249 bypass" solution... with "direct" feed for DV, not ECU controlled.
Do a search and read this thread also, as it may cast some light for u on the "stuttering" problem.

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Crize said:
Well, N75 replacement with N75j (from CupraR) seems to work for some... for others doesn't.
Generally, as far as I get it, u start with a throttle body cleaning (how old is your car, btw?), TB alignment, then check the DV and/or N75.

Then again, it is common for this type of engine to stutter after tuning. You might also want to ask your tuner to adjust your torque curve.

Ultimately it is the "N249 bypass" solution... with "direct" feed for DV, not ECU controlled.
Do a search and read this thread also, as it may cast some light for u on the "stuttering" problem.

Yeah I have read about this N249 bypassing before! This may be a solution! I'll try the TB cleaning and alignment first cheers! Car is a 2003 (03). Torque curve is pretty consistant, no spikes atall, shouldn't cause any probs but is rather high, (280 lb'ft) (212.8 BHP) :rolleyes:

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Replaced the green spring in my DV now with a yellow one and this has improved it greatly! I think it is still there but much less noticable now! Still haven't got round to cleaning the TB yet!

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Fidge said:
Hi guys, recently got my car remapped by GIAC dealer and car feels much quicker now but when accelerating up to and around 80 - 100 mph, I'm getting what feels like a timing retardation or a backing off of boost? Plant your foot down again and she carries on pulling no problem but let off the gas and retain constant speed and she stutters! Notice car is very thirsty now too, but dunno if this is related?? :confused:

cheers

I've got exactly the same problem also, I was thinking about changing my AMD dump valve for a Forge one, but wanted to try one first before forking out £80+ for one.

Have you changed the std dv ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.