Retro Fit Arm-Rest

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Question to all those that have retro fitted a Seat armrest into their Leon.

Did you find that once fitted the rear ashtray would not open, as it was catching on the bolt used to tighten up the armrest onto the mounting frame (that bolts to the chassis).

Everything went in fine, and the armrest is nice & solid, and in position, just the rear ashtray now fouls on it.

It's no big thing, as that ashtray never gets used in my car, but I just wanted to make sure I'd done everything right...!

Cheers

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
My ashtray opened fine (standard fit armrest) I took the arm rest out and put it back in and now the bolt fouls the ashtray, but I know why - the fixed nut on the bolt needs to go behind the retaining clip for the arm rest otherwise it won't go in far enough - found it a bit of a fiddle to do so decided I couldn't be bothered as I'll be taking it out again soon and then I'll put it in properly!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
My ashtray opened fine (standard fit armrest) I took the arm rest out and put it back in and now the bolt fouls the ashtray, but I know why - the fixed nut on the bolt needs to go behind the retaining clip for the arm rest otherwise it won't go in far enough - found it a bit of a fiddle to do so decided I couldn't be bothered as I'll be taking it out again soon and then I'll put it in properly!

That sounds like it might be the case with mine, will have a look at the weekend...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members