Retro fit AUX-IN to 2006 model Toledo

johna

Subject pretty much says it all - can this be done easily ? Is there a kit available which would allow me to install an AUX-IN socket so I can connect an MP3 player to the standard fit non-MP3 Radio/CD in my Toledo ?

Thanks in advance.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Subject pretty much says it all - can this be done easily ? Is there a kit available which would allow me to install an AUX-IN socket so I can connect an MP3 player to the standard fit non-MP3 Radio/CD in my Toledo ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
If you don't have a CD changer fitted,you can use an adaptor that connects to the CD changer port to give you aux audio in.

The one thta I use is by Connects2, part no. is VVGX???? forgotten at the moment, but it is the same unit as for VW Golf MK5 RD300 head unit. They still haven't listed it as being suitable for Altea/Toledo!
www.connects2.co.uk

It is very easy to fit, being plug and play with exception of connection of an earth lead.

To operate, you select CD channger, prob 2 pushes of CD button and play your iPod/MP3 etc.

Cheers,
John.

Now found part no. VVGX-004

Last edited:

johna

Thanks for the reply. After considering the options I think I'll go for a head unit replacement instead !

John

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Thanks for the reply. After considering the options I think I'll go for a head unit replacement instead !

John

That's obviously your decision :)
I personally wouldn't and didn't - the original head unit is not bad quality and the adaptor plates to fit a DIN size unit are not really very satisfactory.
The VVGX adaptor should only cost around £40.00
Just my opinion :D
Cheers,
John.