retro fit cruise control in or near devon

cupratdi53

i need help i want cruise control to help me with long journeys, but not fancy the drive up to awsome to get it done,

any one know of a place near or in devon

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you have even basic tools it's a really straight forward DIY - certainly very easy on a TDI

Buy the kit from teeside VW on ebay, and fit it probably in about 90 mins

marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
i did mine last week on my 1.6, and it was easy. a bit fiddley wiring the ecu up, but with the magnifying glasses on its easy enough ;) have a shot at it yourself mate, the instructions that come with the kit from teeside are easy enough to follow :) im 17 and fitted it easy enough with no help, so anyone should be able to :) 1 thing though you will need VAG-COM to activate it if you do it yourself.

adamstreeter

Feb 10, 2010
may be interested in fitting kit to mine aswell...im near exeter if you want to have a joint attempt...

cupratdi53

yea ben iv sent matt an email to see what he would charge, yea may well do have a go my self lol what could go wrong lol thanks every one for the information very helpful

cupratdi53

well hes said about 150+vat so thinking save a few pounds and have a go my self, and its about 40 for just activation, but need new alternator so will wait a few months to get cruise control

blue51

Jul 21, 2009
SW London
wouldn't mind spending the 150 for cc but not sure i'd want to pay the fitting or attempt to manipulate the ecu / wiring - i didn't even do gcse physics, me!

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
its actually suprisingly easy, took a bit of fathoming out the wiring as the instruction they came with are obviously a translation from german lol. if anyone needs a hand i will happily do so! i also have vagcom to activate.

cupratdi53

danandfern my take you up on that, i am sure payment in beer would be happily taken?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.