Retro fit LED rear lights

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if anyone has retro fitted the new LED rear lights to a leon?

If so was it easy? And any prices?

Thanks
Jamie

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if anyone has retro fitted the new LED rear lights to a leon?

If so was it easy? And any prices?

Thanks
Jamie

I have already asked this before without getting any reply so either no one has done it or too busy to reply back.

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Im in the process of buying them. Ordered them a few days ago at the dealer I bought my car off, apparently one certain cluster is on back order, so could take 10 days to come :-(

I think this is the bulletin number 2026910/1 explaining to Seat dealers how to retrofit regarding coding of the body control unit.

Keep an eye on my RR thread. Ill fire up a few pictures when I get them fitted :)

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Im in the process of buying them. Ordered them a few days ago at the dealer I bought my car off, apparently one certain cluster is on back order, so could take 10 days to come :-(

I think this is the bulletin number 2026910/1 explaining to Seat dealers how to retrofit regarding coding of the body control unit.

Keep an eye on my RR thread. Ill fire up a few pictures when I get them fitted :)

Thats great Ross. Let us know the cost of this as well please.

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
David at Sere can do them for around £350 +£70 for re coding. I went to the dealer I bought my Leon off. At first they couldn't come anywhere near in price.

In the end they can do the lights for £390 and not charge me for re coding as its in getting some other bits under warranty.

So if you have a friendly dealer they may not charge you the labour for the re coding

Last edited:

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
David at Sere can do them for around £350 +£70 for re coding. I went to the dealer I bought my Leon off. At first they couldn't come anywhere near in price.

In the end they can do the lights for £390 and not charge me for re coding as its in getting some other bits under warranty so they have already got the labour paid for by Seat lol.

So if you have a friendly dealer they may not charge you the labour for the re coding

Which dealer is offering this for £390 mate ? as my car is going to SEAT Manchester in the morning so I'll try to play them against each other lol.

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Donelly here in Northern Ireland lol. The way I look at it. David at Sere is a Seat main dealer, so if one dealer can afford to do it at a certain price they all can lol.

Ive got VagCom myself, I just wouldnt trust myself to code the new lights in, as ive heard you can do damage to the body control unit by doing it incorrectly.

But ive taken a complete scan of my car now. And ill take one after to see if any coding has changed. Maybe save people having to go to dealers to get it done if they have access to VagCom

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Donelly here in Northern Ireland lol. The way I look at it. David at Sere is a Seat main dealer, so if one dealer can afford to do it at a certain price they all can lol.

Ive got VagCom myself, I just wouldnt trust myself to code the new lights in, as ive heard you can do damage to the body control unit by doing it incorrectly.

But ive taken a complete scan of my car now. And ill take one after to see if any coding has changed. Maybe save people having to go to dealers to get it done if they have access to VagCom

That would be great if you find out what exactly they did to code the lights that really would save some £££. Sorry just PM lol. Thanks alot.

Wilfrid Maximus

Could anyone tell me partnumber of the lights in question, please.

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Passenger outer light 1P0945111G
Passenger inner light 1P0945107P
Driver outer light 1P0945112G
Driver inner light 1P0945108P

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
get plenty of before and after pictures am interested in doing this myself :)

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Checked the price from a dealer today for the lights and they are around £460 plus an hours labour and as Ross said still one of the part is on back order.:confused:

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Yeah there a crazy price. I think they originally quoted me £460 + vat lol! Then the labour on top :)

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Well my lights are ready to be fitted. There at the dealer, booked in to get them fitted on the 20th of this month :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Good luck with them Ross, make sure you post up plenty of Pics. I have a test drive on Saturday in an 'R' 60 plate pre-LEDs and would be interested in doing the same if i get it.

Rob

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Yeah dont worry. I will do. Also going to do a full scan on vagcom before and after to see if it saves anybody else going to dealers for coding etc.

I would have got them fitted before. But on a weeks ski trip here lol

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
No I don't think they do. Afaik there slightly different in shape. You probably could if you changed the boot lid. But not to sure if a pre facelift could be coded for them :-S

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.