Retro Fit SEAT front fog lights. Advice needed.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
I've been thinking of buying the SEAT fog light kit (£135 from local dealer) to go on my 1.4 Leon.

Has anyone retro fitted fog lights to their Leon ?

Has anyone bought the above kit and could tell me what comes in it so I could order any other parts I would need at the same time ?

When I replaced the horn on my Leon. I noticed a wire coming from the same section and it sits in a plug on the bumper. Doesnt seem to be for any purpose. Could this be the fog light wiring loom or would I have to wire them in myself ?

Any help would be great :D

Mr Az

Wants it wide & low
Nov 15, 2007
Bucks
www.myspace.com
After recently changing my front bumper and having to relocate the horn i would say that yes you already have the loom in place. You should have 4 sockets, two for the horns, one being the air temp sensor and a forth being your fog light connection. Shouldnt be too much of a problem i don think!

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
So basically all I'd need are the fog lights, fog light surrounds, fuse to go in the fuse box, bulb for the dash light display and the replacement headlight switch ?

Am I heading in the right direction with this ? Hoping to make a start on getting everything together to do the job when I next get paid (20th Feb).

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Well. have bought the foglight kit and it looks like I dont have the wiring loom present. Got to remove the bumper and fit the supplied loom.

In the fog light kit you get

New headlight switch (you will need the dimmer and headlight adjuster from your old switch)
Wiring loom
2 Fog Lamp units
2 Replacement grills
4 Screws
3 Cable ties
4 Screw clips
Instructions

Oh and a Chrome Grill Kit was in the box as well for some reason :confused:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
oooo freeeeebies!! shouldnt be too hard to fit mate, just watch your headlight bolts if you are thinking of removing them to get the bumper off. Good squirt with some WD40 first.

Jimski

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise