Retro fitting front fogs...

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi all, am wondering if it is possible to buy the fog kit for the toledo/altea, think i saw it at around £130??may be wrong though, as i remenber reading that wiring, grilles etc came as the kit. do i still have to pay out for new swuitch or is this all part or a mod done to original?

ALTEA

Yes, i think that you can get them from your dealer. I enquired about this with one of the fitters at my dealership. He told me that it can be done but its not recommended by seat. He did'nt tell me why, but i guess there must be a lot of messing with the electics or somthing so i did'nt bother. Have a look at the seat web site i think that prices and part numbers are listed on there under the accessories section.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
thanks, will have a look, did see them ,but dont like the seat site layout, isnt consistent enough! if its gonna cost a fortune, there is no real point!

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
Hi Googies,

I asked my local dealer the same thing about retro fitting front fogs to my Toledo.

The kit is about € 250 in the ROI, but for some dumb reason SEAT did not bother to prewire the car for front fogs (at least the reference model), so there is a fair piece of wiring work to be done including behind the dash, along with switch fitting, and a relay. They have done it a few times on request from customers but charged a total of €500 to cover the entire job including the kit, as there was allegedly several hours awkward work involved, plus VAT of course. They are not that keen on doing it again, unless the customer is very insistent about it.
I didnt fancy shelling out €500 for what is really just a cosmetic enhancement...although they do look nice !

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Yea, i heard that there was a lot of work, although a competant autoelectrician could do it, with the right kit and a swicth from a scrappy. but €500yo-yo's is a lot!!!! hey look nice but and usefull with some of the weather wee get on this island!!! ps. from another thread the fuel economy is getting better!!!purchased millers diesel sport4 and changed diesel supplier to esso, best can get around Dundalk etc.(sorry ,bit off topic).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.