Retro fitting interior grab handles.........

• Thread starter Deleted member 120738
  • Start date

Deleted member 120738

Has anybody retro-fitted grab handles to their Ibiza? The February 2015 brochure for our car shows them fitted in the rear on the photos of the upholstery available on the different trim levels but our FR doesn't have any.

SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) would appreciate one as a useful aid when getting out of the car.

I see that the grab handles - part no. (6J)0857607 are identical with the same part number for any car made by the VAG group. Are there any problems with retro-fitting them?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I did not know full size humans could fit in the back of a MkV ;). My grandsons baby seat doesn't fit in there! I cant see any issue with fitting the handles though. I've previously added seatbelts to a Renault without them but that had the mounting holes already and it was easy.

Deleted member 120738

I did not know full size humans could fit in the back of a MkV ;). My grandsons baby seat doesn't fit in there! I cant see any issue with fitting the handles though. I've previously added seatbelts to a Renault without them but that had the mounting holes already and it was easy.
I really want to fit one over the front passenger door to aid getting in and out...we rarely have passengers in the back........

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
While anything is possible, from memory, the 6J Ibiza's roof lining does not have the normal moulded depressions to accommodate grab handles, there may well be fixing holes behind it though and they will be slots and not holes for self tapping (almost) types of screws, I know this from swopping the driver's side grab handle on my wife's 2015 Polo for a Golf sunglasses holder - I naively bought the "usual" type with screw fixings when I should have bought a much later type with some sort of different fixings! Nothing that a competent DIYer can't get round with a bit of imagination!

Deleted member 120738

While anything is possible, from memory, the 6J Ibiza's roof lining does not have the normal moulded depressions to accommodate grab handles, there may well be fixing holes behind it though and they will be slots and not holes for self tapping (almost) types of screws, I know this from swopping the driver's side grab handle on my wife's 2015 Polo for a Golf sunglasses holder - I naively bought the "usual" type with screw fixings when I should have bought a much later type with some sort of different fixings! Nothing that a competent DIYer can't get round with a bit of imagination!

I use a website called http://www.oemepc.com/ which lists parts diagrams for all VAG Group cars going back to 1993 and grab handles for 2015 on Ibiza's are listed. The problem as you say is there is no depression in the roof lining moulding to accurately locate the grab handles but I did find an image showing what I assume is a plate behind the roof lining which the fittings on the grab handles clip into, but will it be fitted to all models is the $10,000 question! I need a helpful SEAT dealer to answer that question!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.