Retro trip computer

rvdbarnes

Mar 23, 2010
Sheffield
Hi all

New to the forum.

Having recently bought an Altea 1.9TDI reference sport (56), I have now decided that I may want a trip computer installed after all to keep an eye on mpg etc .

Does anyone know if this is realistic? or will it be ridiculously expensive?

Cheers for any info guys

Lee

rvdbarnes

Mar 23, 2010
Sheffield
Hmmmmm:confused:

I cant see any signs of mpg etc being displayed, so I assumed that was because there was no computer installed? Just shows, mileage, outside temperature etc
Unless I have missed something (it wouldnt be the first time!)

Anth

If you have two buttons on the end of your window wiper stalk then you will probably have it.. if not.. then this is a silly comment :D

rvdbarnes

Mar 23, 2010
Sheffield
Ah, I dont think there are, so my moment of hope has just been crushed :cry:

So, as it seems I dont have, do you reckon it would be realistic to be able to get it fitted?

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
:( Sorry about that! could have sworn it was on the reference sport i test drove though :confused:
I would probably say it will cost too much sadly!

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
alternative fuel computer

hi,

Why dont you get one of these as an alternative to the Seat one?

http://www.mavericktechnology.co.uk/product/turbogauge

I have got one and its got loads more features than the seat trip computer. It plugs in to the diagnostic socket behind the dash panel to the right of the ignition key.

Aswell as a full fuel computer, you can view engine faults and reset them if the warning light comes on. Its also got a gauge function so you can see lots of real time data, such as engine temp/rpm or real vehicle SPEED ie not the overreading speed the Seat speedo displays.

It also has a digital clock, something my wife hates about the Altea as mine only has one on the same display as the fuel computer, which she cant see from the passenger seat.

I bought 2 of these, but plans have changed so have 1 spare brand new one, unopened in its box that I would sell for £115 delivered (normally £130+p&p new). Send me a private message if interested.

Last edited:

freetrack

is it possible to download the data into PC later on, or you can see the data only on the display?

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
is it possible to download the data into PC later on, or you can see the data only on the display?

You can only see the data on the display, in the current version. It has a usb port for updating the software so whos to say what you might be able to do in the future.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.