Retrofit heated wing mirrors??

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
It makes me smile when I read that someone has discovered a feature they didn’t know they had in their car after a fairly lengthy period of ownership :).

I do make a point of going through the owners manual when I get a new car. It’s definitely not the most exciting read, or user-friendly book - if you’re having problems sleeping, it’s a good bedtime read! Is it sad that I do this? Maybe, but if I’ve spent a fairly sizeable sum of money on a car, I want to know what features it’s got and how they work, so I can make full use of them, rather than discover something new some months after getting the car that I could’ve benefited from.

Lots of owners don’t bother reading the manual though, judging by the ‘things I’ve just discovered about my car’ threads on many forums!
The manual does lie about certain things though. According to the manual I can apparently put my parcel shelf under the boot liner. Can I bollox do that. No asterisk to say a certain option required just applicable models..... LEON!
Screenshot_2019-10-29-17-39-46-243_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Also says I can use my none existent under seat storage I apparently have according to the manual and the SEAT brochure.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The manual does lie about certain things though. According to the manual I can apparently put my parcel shelf under the boot liner. Can I bollox do that. No asterisk to say a certain option required just applicable models..... LEON!
View attachment 10885
Also says I can use my none existent under seat storage I apparently have according to the manual and the SEAT brochure.
Is it a bad time to mention that I can do both of those ;)

Reactions: RUM4MO

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Under seat storage isn't available if you have electric seats.

And the hiding Parcel shelf I think is an ST thing. But its not so much a parcel shelf as a load liner. As its just the tube like bit you pop under.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Under seat storage isn't available if you have electric seats.

And the hiding Parcel shelf I think is an ST thing. But its not so much a parcel shelf as a load liner. As its just the tube like bit you pop under.
Yes it's bad to rub it in my face haha. There's a separate section for ST and storing the load liner so it's definitely possible on the hatch. I suspect you need some kind of option it doesn't mention or maybe the Cupra is excluded and also fails to mention this. I got super excited about storing the parcel shelf as I always have it removed for taking the dog places. Storing it in the car would have been an awesome feature. I was extremely gutted to find out I couldn't actually do it and the manual had lied to me.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Not so sure about that, mine (on Ateca} are always warm to to the touch when switched on
Easy to test of course
It doesn't say much in my Leon manual. Just that if your car has them then they function dependant on ambient temperature when in the heated position. So if it's cold I'd guess they'd be always on if you leave them on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members