1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Retrofitting standard (not ACC) cruise control

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk6 (2017-present)' started by e30alex, Oct 31, 2019.

1. e30alex

As above, Any tips on the possibility of this? Tia Alex

2. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

I've read about it being done on Skoda Rapid / SEAT Toledo forums.

Kits on ebay for about £100 (I just searched for Vw polo ones a minute ago) expect you need VAG COM / VCDS coding to set it up.

3. e30alex

Thank you for this

Anyone have anything further?

4. vc-10

vc-10 Active Member

Hmm not sure it's that cheap- I remember looking for them for my previous Fabia (also MQB electronics) and it was closer to £300.

The old Golf 6 electronics (as in the early Rapid/Toledo, sometimes called VW 'White' DIS) are easy to add cruise. The MQB cars however have 'component protection' which means any changes need to be coded differently. It's still a matter of just changing the stalks and doing some coding, but the second bit is very different. You need a special code from the factory that's coded specifically to the car itself. I know with the Skodas that you can get the coding done by the dealership.

Edit: Worth reading this thread over on Briskoda. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/472467-retrofit-cruise-control-fabia-3/

5. e30alex

Thank you for this detailed reply - appreciated