Reverse mirror

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Has anybody got the reverse mirror to work? MY19 Ateca FR.

I have enabled it on OBD Eleven, enabled it in the car menu but still doesn't work.

Tell

Staff member
Has anybody got the reverse mirror to work? MY19 Ateca FR.

I have enabled it on OBD Eleven, enabled it in the car menu but still doesn't work.

I have, post 4

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-activity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/

I don't use the Obdeleven micro payment apps, I program them in. I know some of the built in micro payment apps don't work.

Mine is a 2016 Ateca they might have always changed something. Then there is the debate about getting the mirror to return exactly where it came from. It drops a bit, you still have to move your head a bit thou. Better than nothing.

I got 360 but just implement just the same, don't use it thou.

Tell

Staff member
Maybe they changed the motor so it doesn't move.

The Ozzie VW board had a discussion on the motors. The LHD and RHD have different features. Some are kitted out with both. Maybe the RHD, left hand mirror is the same as the European ones. That's assuming the software is fully functioning, tick box etc.

This picture, tick lower whilst reversing:

5r4L5Uw.png

L for a RHD.

Not electric seats where another bit has to be set. Put that in the thread.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
It's my sister's Ateca, I had the feature working on my MY15 Leon Cupra.

All options are ticked

If it's not the memory seat one then perhaps they just fitted the motor that doesn't have the tip facility. I had a search for the Ozzie thread but didn't find it this time. They had some vehicles with the ability and others that didn't. The part number is different. Some vehicles had the tipping one on both sides, some had nothing and some had it on one side only.

It must be the sensor that feeds back how far it's dipped, obviously they all dip. If the car isn't specced to dip in reverse they probably just fit what they have.

Tell

Staff member
Don / DV52 who's the coding expert

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/1460/mirror-dip-compatible-build-daye

I'll have a look to see what mine says on "does your car have a memory module" in the passenger mirror unit as per the thread above. This could be the issue on whether it half heartedly works or not at all.

Reckon that's the missing bit on these units. Be interesting whether mines suppose to do it with complete accuracy or whether it's a fudge. Guess those units with it not installed in the parts just show as his link.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I just bought a 2019 Ateca and checked today and the mirror does not drop like my old Leon

should it drop or have they stopped it ?

I tested it with the button on L to
thanks

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I just bought a 2019 Ateca and checked today and the mirror does not drop like my old Leon

should it drop or have they stopped it ?

I tested it with the button on L to
thanks

Maybe it’s not been set up.

With the car in reverse and the mirror button pointing to L, adjust the mirror to where you want it to drop to. Once you’ve done that, select drive it 1st and move away. The mirror should move back to the normal position.

If this works, stop and place the car into reverse again and the mirror should drop to where you set it.

If this all works, you are sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Maybe it’s not been set up.

With the car in reverse and the mirror button pointing to L, adjust the mirror to where you want it to drop to. Once you’ve done that, select drive it 1st and move away. The mirror should move back to the normal position.

If this works, stop and place the car into reverse again and the mirror should drop to where you set it.

If this all works, you are sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it should be dropping

I’ll give this a go and check the setting is ticked

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Well unless they now come turned on. 2016 off. You enable via your app but as said the memory motor can be problematic. Ateca mirror also doesn't give you wide vision even dropped but may be helpful. I got 360.
What app ?

I have the all round camera but tend you use mirrors still

Tell

Staff member
I was on a windy coastal path when I wrote that. I use Obdeleven so the image above is from that. I only use the so called programming side of it rather than the apps which are micropayment and are not always properly tested. You just buy the pro version. There is a thread on here where I put Ateca mods.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-activity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/

That is one. You need an Android device. The dongle connects via Bluetooth to the device (phone or tablet) then via Wi-Fi or 4g back to the Obdeleven servers.

You can use VCDS... then there are the Carista people. Less functionality, app driven works on an iPhone. Obdeleven is a cheaper version of VCDS, you dont need to lug a laptop. Horses for courses.

The only thing I would say about the drop down mirror is you will need to periodically readjust it since the motor in it and sensors are not fully spec ed for it and the Ateca housing view. There has been some conversation on the German Ateca board about it. Crank head and do the drop down. Better than nothing was the summary. It's a good training procedure for Obdeleven and VCDS system in the car.

That is the mirror memory module in the mirror if you haven't got it, it drift.... see Don's post on the link above. What I called the Don test above.

You got AndrewJB post above so may be they just don't allow it now. To that they would I guess stop the gear levee sending that it's in reverse, you still need the tilt ability to adjust the mirrors. You will have to try after enabling it. As said, I did and it worked on my 2017 Ateca Xcellence, others did the same and had it working albeit with the need to readjust the mirror from time to time. I have also been pestered about it on the "grumpy" Ateca board as opposed to the friendly one here (it's the motor spec covered on the Ozzie VW board). I think if you get it working it may give you a more restricted view related to the Ateca's mirror than you are use to which is why they didn't enable it or put the appropriate mirror motor in it.

There was a big discussion on the Golf7 Ozzie board about motors which is the Don test (supremo of VCDS) I replicated above (have to search for that but there is much more detail on mirror motors there... one the Ozzie VW owners get effected with wrong motors installed on RHD cars to Oz). Thus we know that early Ateca's were not fitted with the precision motor / sensor for the mirror to return to the same place each time of use. Early Atecas are not really spec ed for it. You can cast your eye at that.

It's a suck it and see on this. But you do need to do the VCDS coding since it is turned off by default.... although I see another board says it is available standard now on week 45+ 2017 cars as per the 11/17 manual. Function is enabled from the Car Settings menu on the headunit under mirror and wipers. Although that could be a Seat printing error.... they do that a lot. Cut and paste job between models.

It had to be unlocked as I said on early Ateca's to pull out the menu and code the mirror behaviour. Post 4 is how I did it :). Most probably still has to be.

Same mod can be found across European Ateca boards to turn it on.

When it's turned on don't forget you have to program it, taken from another board:

1. Turn-on ignition but don't start the engine
2. Select Reverse
3. Select the passenger side on the mirror knob,
4. Adjust the passenger mirror position to where you want it to see the kerb,
5. Take the car out-of reverse and return to park (neutral)
6. Turn-off the ignition and the passenger mirror should return to the normal position (if you have the memory control module).

So we just got the unknown of whether Seat changed anything to stop you doing the mod given they aren't planning for it's use. Not having the motor with the memory control module means it drifts after repeated use.

The "Don" test below via the Obdeleven on the presence of the mirror memory module below. Mine ends on the bottom left, the figure I showed above in post 9.

I hope that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200205-114721.png
    Screenshot_20200205-114721.png
    566 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.