Reverse with door open

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
Just got my 290 dsg and have an awkward parking spot for which I normally open the door when reversing into to avoid obstacles. The cupra drops into p when I try this. Is there a way around this?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Just got my 290 dsg and have an awkward parking spot for which I normally open the door when reversing into to avoid obstacles. The cupra drops into p when I try this. Is there a way around this?

I think you can code it out, someone with the knowledge on that will help more than me.

But for now, as sometimes I do the same, you just have to remember to flick the auto hold off!

Reactions: Dizz

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
Mate, you are a star! Old habits die hard..so thanks for this.

Reactions: bgb

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
With electric handbrake comes lots of other features to protect us from ourselves, my 2011 S4 gets grumpy if I remove my seatbelt, or try to move off with the driver's seatbelt not on, annoying but safe I suppose.

Reactions: daniel_ley and Dizz

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
With electric handbrake comes lots of other features to protect us from ourselves, my 2011 S4 gets grumpy if I remove my seatbelt, or try to move off with the driver's seatbelt not on, annoying but safe I suppose.

My GTD done this. But the new Leon Cupra at least, doesn’t require your belt on, oddly?

Reactions: Dizz