Reversing Light

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
This is from the seller of the bulbs mentioned above. Before you ask I have NO connection with him/her
Hi!

Thank you for your nice words and for your recommendation on the SEAT forum.I am glad you like the bulbs.. I still have them in stock,item number 161207249658.If you need any other bulb please ask me as as stock other models as well but I can't list them on eBay as I reach the number of items I can list.So anything you need or your friends need,please ask me.Please don't forget to leave feedback for me as I need it badly to increase my listing allowance.Thank you very much once again!
Kind regards,
- ruudg10

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
how did you know that they were non-polarity version? as I dont see it listed on the page?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I asked and was told that the two I was interested in were non-polarity. I took it on trust and made it a condition of the sale. The seller was as good as his word

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
So this means some peoples Leons will only have the rear fog light thats not LED now.

Anyone looked into the bulbs for this? I'd assume if we were to find a red version of depheads indicator bulb that'd do the trick.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
So this means some peoples Leons will only have the rear fog light thats not LED now.

Anyone looked into the bulbs for this? I'd assume if we were to find a red version of depheads indicator bulb that'd do the trick.

Just use the same type led bulb as was used in the reversing light, does not have to be red for obvious reasons

You probably don't want to go silly bright with a fog light bulb, consider people behind you, you don't want them dazzled by your fog light

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Just use the same type led bulb as was used in the reversing light, does not have to be red for obvious reasons

You probably don't want to go silly bright with a fog light bulb, consider people behind you, you don't want them dazzled by your fog light
Guess thats a typo and you meant does have to be red :D

Not sure I agree on the comment regarding brightness though. The whole point is to have a light that is visible through the fog to people a distance behind.
If someone is able to get dazzled by a rear fog light then a) its not foggy enough or foggy at all and it shouldn't be on in the first place or b) they should distance themselves from the bumper, especially as its foggy.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex

Not sure I agree on the comment regarding brightness though. The whole point is to have a light that is visible through the fog to people a distance behind.
If someone is able to get dazzled by a rear fog light then a) its not foggy enough or foggy at all and it shouldn't be on in the first place or b) they should distance themselves from the bumper, especially as its foggy.

Fair comment

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

No I meant you don't have to look for a red bulb, you can use a white led bulb,a white bulb behind a red lens will be just the same, a red lense will only allow red light to pass through it :)

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
great thread thanks for the link for the reversing bulb ordered one :D hopefully this will make a big difference :)

am tempted to do the led indicators as well :p but its a lot of money for just 2 bulbs lol

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
No I meant you don't have to look for a red bulb, you can use a white led bulb,a white bulb behind a red lens will be just the same, a red lense will only allow red light to pass through it :)
Of course, you're spot on, what an arse I am :rolleyes:
SEAT did a good job of making it look symmetrical with the clear reverse cluster on the opposite side, so I had forgotten, is my excuse anyway!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.