Reversing light

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Anyone know how to check what bulb is required either a wedge fit or bayonet without removing the bulb itself? Also any ideas on how to do it? I've got a 2017 Leon SC and the reverse light bulb sits on the boot opening, is there a access flap to only change the reverse light bulb?
Open the boot then look up at the left hand side (N/S) flip the flap and gives you access to the bulb

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Open the boot then look up at the left hand side (N/S) flip the flap and gives you access to the bulb
Perfect I'll have a look tonight. You have a 2017 model and your bulb is a wedge fit correct? And have you managed to get a bulb yet that doesnt bring up an error? I really need to change mine as the halogen makes no light at all when reversing in the dark, its a joke really that is comes from the factory like that.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Perfect I'll have a look tonight. You have a 2017 model and your bulb is a wedge fit correct? And have you managed to get a bulb yet that doesnt bring up an error? I really need to change mine as the halogen makes no light at all when reversing in the dark, its a joke really that is comes from the factory like that.
yes mine a 2017 and has wedge fittings, and I was told by the sales man they are error free but does not say it on the box, so having
2nd thoughts.
so I will look out for some more,

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
This is what I got and also worked fine (no errors) and very bright:

2X High Power T15 912 921 W16W LED 30W Extreme Bright Cree Chip 6XBD Bulbs For Car Signal Light Parking Backup Reverse Lights
http://s.aliexpress.com/Uv2mU3Uz?fromSns
Just ordered a pair of these
Cheers buddy

Unfortunately SEAT being cheap not only providing a single reversing lamp but putting a halogen bulb in it !

Reactions: Jaco2k

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I've got the osram premium retrofit led one in mine after a few recommendations on here. Doesn't throw up any errors.

I do get dab interference whenever I put it in referee but I got this on my previous pre facelift with a cheap eBay bulb. No idea why I get it but doesn't bother me too much.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
I've got the osram premium retrofit led one in mine after a few recommendations on here. Doesn't throw up any errors.

I do get dab interference whenever I put it in referee but I got this on my previous pre facelift with a cheap eBay bulb. No idea why I get it but doesn't bother me too much.

Is that the W16W (facelift?) please?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Can recommend these bad boys expensive but arrive quickly. Very bright, no CAN errors and no light channel settings need to be changed. Ill post a photo later on.
That's funny the description says:

Please note that these are interior retrofit bulbs and are not road legal for exterior use. In addition it is possible that using the bulb will trigger a warning light, especially if the vehicle was manufactured post 2005. This is due to technical differences between LED and Halogen technology.

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
Unfortunately SEAT being cheap not only providing a single reversing lamp but putting a halogen bulb in it !

I'm not sure I get the dig at SEAT here? in my 18 years of driving I have had 12 cars of all different brands, mostly premium brands and not one of them has had 2 reverse lights? I can't even think of a single car which does?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I'm not sure I get the dig at SEAT here? in my 18 years of driving I have had 12 cars of all different brands, mostly premium brands and not one of them has had 2 reverse lights? I can't even think of a single car which does?

Its not so much the single reversing light but how pathetic it is.
They could have at least fitted a good led bulb like many of us have done.

Reactions: Bristle Hound

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Well here are two off the top on my head, Skoda Fabia, Toyota land Cruiser and poss many more, but it is a cheap way of doing it,
first it saves wiring to both sides of the car, and only a lamp holder for the reverse lamp, and you only get one fog light on one side
instead of two.
But has been said the light output is rubbish either normal light or LED

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Here is what my Skoda looked like after I replaced both reverse lights with LEDs:

UhKncVH.jpg

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
@Owen83 - My last 4 new cars, which were all Audi's had two reverse lights
My wife's last 5 cars, all different makes, also had two
Its not so much the single reversing light but how pathetic it is.
They could have at least fitted a good led bulb like many of us have done.
@DEAN0 - ^ This

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.