Reversing lights

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
My reversing lights have stopped working. They were okay a few days ago but I haven't used them in the dark for a while.

Is there an easy thing to check like a wire that could have come off. I've put one of the bulbs in the fog light and it works so it's not that. Unless the bulb I didn't check has gone and it stops the other working.

It's still under warrenty but it's a hassle going to the dealer so any ideas on an easy solution or common fault would be great.

cupra wannabe

just take it to a dealer mate. it isnt worth the hassle.

Jib 21

Aug 7, 2005
Lowdham, Nottingham
Ok this is going t sound like such a STUPID question and Mork will be entirely justified in ripping it outfof me, but..

From the diagrams in Simons link...how do I actually access that part of the car???? Am I going up from underneath or in via the the gear lever? or what? :blink:

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
It's in the engine bay, behind the battery and starter motor, underneath the air flow meter.

Left to right it's engine, clutch, gearbox. You'll be able to see the control cables (or rods) from the gear stick.

You go in from the top, with the bonnet open.

Simon.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Jib 21 said:
Did this eever get solved as I've got the same proiblem now

It just started working again before I had a chance to do anything. I think it might have got water in it from when it rained really hard the week before.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.