Revision OE Diverter Valve for Leon Cupra 2007-8

warren_cox

Back from the dead
After selling my old Forge FSIT DV, I was in a position with no option but to put back on my old OE unit (Part no. 06F-145-710-C):

DSC_9499.JPG

As I am now running stage 2+, when m0rk and I went out for a test drive, and I was sat in the passenger seat I could clearly hear the OE DV struggling to retain boost.

To retain the OE look, I did some research on the MTM valve (made from an OE unit but has uprated diaphragm / seals), and this option didn't make any sense as there wasn't a huge leap forward in development.

Whilst hunting round JKM's online store I found the new revision version of the OE VAG valve (part no: 06H-145-10-D).

DSC_9477.JPG

One thing I noted once it arrived, is that whereas the original spec DV (rev. c) has very little resistance to get the DV plunger to move, the new (rev. d) unit actually has a friction step before the plunger will move in, hopefully meaning it will hold boost pressure better on cars running higher boost remaps. The new valve is built in Japan rather than Germany, and gone are the rubber seals and gaskets - all the contact parts are made of a hard plastic like material.

DSC_9483.JPG

New one is now installed, so I am about to find out tonight what difference it is likely to make to overall performance.

DSC_9487.JPG

Here is a peek of the inside of the original unit for those who haven't seen one. All was fine internally on mine:

DSC_9484.JPG

Those who are looking to retain an OE look may be well placed to spend the £40+VAT to get something significantly better than the older OE unit.

PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR DV MODEL NUMBER BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS MOD. I AM NOT CERTAIN WHEN IN 2008 IT WILL HAVE BECOME THE STANDARD ISSUE PART, BUT CHECK THE REVISION LETTER AT THE END OF THE PART NUMBER BEFORE BUYING ONE.

THE PART NUMBER OF THE LATEST REVISION DV IS MADE IN JAPAN PART NO: 06H-145-710-D

THE PART NUMBER OF THE EARLIER VERSION DV IS MADE IN GERMANY PART NO: 06F-145-710-C

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members