Revo map for NEW Mk2 Leon Cupra

warren_cox

Back from the dead
FYI, a French tuner got 335bhp out of a Golf Ed30 in France recently using a 76mm Milltek downpipe and cat back. If this uprated pump and more aggressive map was used in conjunction with intercoolers etc, presumably the 330bhp figure could be built upon too........

On an S3 with the traction it has, this would be an awesomely quick car.

What other mods have you got on your car coxw?

Carbonia dry panel filter and enlarged air intake, Forge DV, Revo and she always runs 98 RON Optimax. Thats the lot.

350bhp should be achievable with pump + full system +map etc....

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Don't even go there. I vowed this car would have to do out of the box. In my defense I did buy it before I could drive one (and then realised how slow it was). I swear its a chronic addiction all this modding.

Tell me about it, £5k or so of mods (so far), but this fuel pump intrigues me.... djhorace, Milltek don't seem to want a Cupra, I live 7 miles from their factory, I asked them at the inters if they were looking for a Cupra to make a dedicated system, yes they said, several phone calls later, still nothing, in the end I got fed up waiting and went for the Supersprint, I'd had one before on my corrado g60, which was superb, if Milltek cared about customer service, they could have at least rang me back to say no thanks....

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Warren next time your around Northampton you'll have to take me out for a spin. :D

No probs - you'll have to PM me a contact no. It will feel slower than your Leon as it has an incredible capacity to mask its speed as its so quiet (it may actually be a bit slower due to Haldex - and because it's grey ;)). It's only when you are out on a track and standard RS4's aren't leaving you for dead that you realise its quite quick. I passed a 3.2V6 A3 S-Line and left if behind quite quickly on the track, so all the journo's who were piping on that the S3 being was all the worse for not being a V6 can stick that up their @r$e$. They moan about understeer knowing how the audi is configured then want to hang a V6 out front. Fools.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
LMAO the question is just how many of the mod's Mrs CoxW is aware of :cartman:

unfortunately all of them. I am a **** liar, so don't even go there. As soon as I book a days holiday on my own her first question to me is:
"what's being done to the car today then"
I think she's accepted that you can't change a man who heart is in this kind of stuff, so as long as its not really overt mods (like external spoilers / whoosy DV's etc), then she will let it lie.

We saw a white Mk2 S3 at Castle Combe with the stereo out and a retrofitted panel with 3 dials (boost, oil temp and couldn't work out the other one). It had a single DIN h/u above the dials. Looked really OE, and she said "I suppose that mod will be coming soon". Actually it wont, because as I said to m0rk when we dismantled the Leon's stage 2 pack - never again will I do big mods that take ages to fit and install. Th fuel pump will go on an stay on. All the other mods are 10 minute jobs, and I won't have to call in the help of the cavalry to get them removed.

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Out of interest igor, is your exhaust the full system, cat back or back box only? Do you have any pictures?

Cat back only atm, when certain people who owe me money cough up, I'll be going for the S3 milltek cat/downpipe, I would have had the full system, but the sports cat/downpipe was £1500 alone :-o

IMG_0546.jpg

These are the parts used:

http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/914204.jpg
http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/914215.jpg
http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/765213.jpg

Total for all parts £1,050 inc labour (3hrs)@£70 ph....

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
*Chokes on Cornflakes*:blink:

Did i read that correctly? £1050 for a catback:blink:

A further £1500 for DP/CAT :cry:

Add labour charges to fit that and your speaking nearly £3000 for an exhaust system:blink:

Looks good though:)

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
*Chokes on Cornflakes*:blink:

Did i read that correctly? £1050 for a catback:blink:

A further £1500 for DP/CAT :cry:

Add labour charges to fit that and your speaking nearly £3000 for an exhaust system:blink:

Looks good though:)

Yes you did read correctly, but Supersprints have been a long time favourite of mine, since my mk2 golf days, and as Milltek didn't seem interested in selling me a full system, this was the only alternative, save the factory twin system (ugh)....
And sounds sensational too, taking out the resonator makes a wonderful difference...

cupra2007

RCOTY
Jan 7, 2007
rhodes/greece
do you know if it makes any difference in the power output?if the cupra is having one "zorst" and you put two don't you make the exhaust fumes travel a longer and more difficult path out?i really like it like that though!!!cheers!ps:is the factory twin system made for the cupra and why you don't like it?also the supersprint codenumber you have is for 2.0tfsi engines but not for the higher output cupra,is there going to be any problem with the diameter of the exhaust?

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Cat back only atm, when certain people who owe me money cough up, I'll be going for the S3 milltek cat/downpipe, I would have had the full system, but the sports cat/downpipe was £1500 alone :-o

IMG_0546.jpg

These are the parts used:

http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/914204.jpg
http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/914215.jpg
http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/765213.jpg

Total for all parts £1,050 inc labour (3hrs)@£70 ph....

How did you cut the rear bumper for the exhaust on the offside? Have you plastic welded a piece in from another bumper, cut an extra aperture, or do they do a twin exit bumper?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No it hasn't thats as they are.

Just the light makes it appear dull and similar in shade to the Zenith Grey on that image above

See mine with a brighter light source.

main.php

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
To answer 2 questions,
1: removed rear valence, made paper template of existing aperture, reversed it, measured position of aperture with micrometer, and cut with a dremel, also had to cut internal valance too, but not so neatly... I've just been told by a stealer that is how they fit the twin pipe, unless you've bought the btcc rear bumper....
2: as far as I know, the btcc twin pipe was made for all leons, I had to sleeve the Supersprint centre pipe down to fit the stock pipe from the cat, so I don't think it's too restrictive... and if you have access to a Supersprint catalogue, you'll find the only different part for the Cupra is the D/pipe-sports cat, everything else is identical, ie pipe diameter...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members