Revo Remaps

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
hi guys...

went to southend last night and met some bloke who parked next to me with his cupra...your cars nice mate..

any way he got revo remap which is from a seat garage in braintree essex...another one of my mates said that it might not affect your warranty...

has any one got any information on this before i actually ring up and enquire??

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
This is a really gray area unfortunately. I know my dealer has told me that once revo release the official map for the boc and cupra and you have it done with them they warranty will be honored. As far as I know however not all dealers will be of the same opinion. My dealer has no confirmed this to me 3 times already when I have queried it. So I am just waiting for the map to be released. I have not heard anything about revo releasing the official map yet, i was just aware they had finally finished testing.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Is it not a contradiction then that my dealer told me the warranty would not be void if I had the remap done through them?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
What Mark said is correct, your warranty will be void.

However a dealer may offer the remap and take one of two paths.

If something goes wrong and can be attributed to the remap they fix it at their cost and then get onto the tuner to recoup the costs. Or they can submit a fraudelent claim to SEAT, not tell them and hope to god they dont check.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
AAAAAHHHHHHH. Sneaky sneaky I see. I see what you are saying though Techie and put like that it is possible to see why the dealership would be happy to say they would not void the warranty. I am assuming though that Revo are very good as they have been testing for ages and as I said, still no official release yet so I am curious to know how the guy in the cupra had it done? Could that perhaps be their test vehicle?! From my understanding they wont release the map until they are 100% sure it will not harm the engine.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
They are very expensive remaps and since I know mine is around 195BHP now not sure if I want to pay all that money for 15/20BHP extra and risk any possible problems in the future..

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Have to agree was talking to somone the other day about this, put an induction kit and exhaust on it if u want a bit more power but i dont thing id go for a remap

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
induction kits are hit and miss at the moment i cant find any that suit the fr which fit straight into the airbox without modifying it....

i just want something i can have in and then take out for services etc

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I don't think these cars need a remap either. I think a good exhaust and induction kit is plenty for a car that people are proving is more than pulling it's list BHP...

Is the warranty worth risking especially with a gearbox that costs as much as this one.

It's all about opinions at the moment. Different people are trying different things, which is great, just be careful or you may get burned.

ED

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I think I would map it if my dealer gave me written confirmation that they would honor the warranty hehehehehehehe

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
yeah thats the only way i would go aswell. I have been burnt with warranty after remapping a car and that cost me over 3k. if you put an exhaust on will it affect engine and gear box warranty??

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
yeah thats the only way i would go aswell. I have been burnt with warranty after remapping a car and that cost me over 3k. if you put an exhaust on will it affect engine and gear box warranty??

That’s a grey area as well.

My dad has an MX5 and mazda said they would honour the warranty with an induction kit and exhaust but not a remap. I don’t know about Seat. I'm confident my dealership wouldn't but who knows about other places..

What happened with your warren claim Daryld?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise