Revo Remaps

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
The problem with "live" mapping is how much R&D has gone into it? How much testing of different driving cycles has gone into the software? a Dyno will never be able to fully emulate real world conditions, all our software is tested for weeks/months before it's released to the public....it's just simply impossible for smaller companies to emulate this without loosing a lot of money!

Testing a car at full load on the Dyno is all well and good but isn't the whole story I’m afraid!

Hope this helps :)

Never thought of that before! It's a good point! Can your maps be tweeked to suit mods when they first go on?

chris128

May 2, 2010
N.E Lincolnshire
I think a remap of a standard petrol engine is supposed to still make a noticeable difference (adds about 10 bhp from the results I looked at for a 1.8 Seat Leon but might be different for other cars) but probably not really worth the 2 or 3 hundred quid it would cost you and the increase in insurance. Maybe Carl from Revo can shed some light on how much difference it makes to a non turbo engine :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
yeah, then you can flow and port the heads and do a map after that and she should be sweet as hehehehehehehe. I would also add a nice fuel management system to the mix.

DaBigDogg

Feb 3, 2010
Wirral, Merseyside
Diesel Revo Remaps

Forgive me for poluting this thread with dirty diesel talk but been on the Revo website and they have remaps for the 2.0l CR TDI as found in the new Golf GTD, Octavia etc, why no 1.6 CR TDI Revo??? Would be interesting to find out if these engines have more DPF issues with remap as well.

Also, imagine how fast the Ibiza TDI FR with a Revo remap would be!!

Ramble over, you can carry on with your petrol remap talk now :D

chris128

May 2, 2010
N.E Lincolnshire
Forgive me for poluting this thread with dirty diesel talk but been on the Revo website and they have remaps for the 2.0l CR TDI as found in the new Golf GTD, Octavia etc, why no 1.6 CR TDI Revo??? Would be interesting to find out if these engines have more DPF issues with remap as well.

Also, imagine how fast the Ibiza TDI FR with a Revo remap would be!!

Ramble over, you can carry on with your petrol remap talk now :D

Read the previous page of this thread ;)
specifically this bit from Revo:
The 1.6cr uses a new seimens ECU, we're working on that as we speak not just "anti-tune" mesures i'm afraid!

chris128

May 2, 2010
N.E Lincolnshire
Someone mentioned to me today that you shouldn't get a car remapped before it has done 10,000 miles... is this the common belief or is it yet another unfounded 'tip' that people just basically make up and then tell everyone else?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
My fabia vrs was mapped with less than 1k on the clock and had a hybrid turbo on it before 5k. Lol

mate has it now, 90k on the clock and still going strong.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
hahahahahahahahaha What were you seriously thinking mate???!!! Even I know when to just keep my head down and be quiet on the road hahahahahahahaha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise