Revo tech

ant_ibizacupra

They have an upgrade for the golf and scirroco 1.4tsi. As you are all aware this is the same engine that is in the new cupra. They have got the power gains to 219bhp and 240lbft. All for £399

I have just asked Revo if this would be available forthe cupra but i cant see why it wouldn't be.

219bhp from a 1.4 isn't bad is it i'll be getting it done when i finaly get my car:)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Depends as the Ibiza uses the 7 speed DSG which has a low(ish) torque limit. Golf GT etc used the older 6 speed DSG or a manual box.

ant_ibizacupra

I know but someone with a leon asked if his car would be ok as it has the 7 speed dsg and they said it would be fine

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
7 speeder has a torque limit of 184lbft (std)

the software would need flashing on that too.

I wonder how painful it would be to repair though? worth the risk?

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Yeah, the engine is tunable, but it has a sealed 7 speed DSG box with 2 dry clutches. They have a limit (185lb ft) and their own CPU. Touching this would void any warranty and could be costly.

ED

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
The Golfs with the 1.4 and the 7-speed DSG can reach 220ps and 300nm. Revo, abt,...etc.... offer remmaps for golfs and soon for the tsi ibizas. They already have the software but it needs testing. (completely diferent ecu and other systems compared to a golf). Seat Sport has already software available but is expensive (1500€) and is not as good compared to others. Then there is the solution of the custom remmap. Dsg is tuned to shift smoother and can handle more torque. Then with a new exhaust and intake it can go up to 240ps.
Also, a new clutch set will be available. This happened with the dsg6 and because the 7 speed dsg is now widely used, they are already trying to make new clutches.

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
180bhp does sound plenty, 220bhp+ sounds like a riot! :)
185lb ft limit doesn't really bother me,I'll happily map the car as long as revo or whoever for that matter have done there research and development-that will do for me.

and if it breaks the gear box...$h1t happens thats my attitude towards it

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It was an odd one mate, had problems from day one. It lost drive and stored numerous fault codes, car had only done 1000 miles so thinking something wasnt built correctly, just swappped the complete gearbox and all was well.

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
I drove a friends cupra with Revo remmap today. It has become much faster. But, the torque is now not available from low rpm as it used to and sometimes when driving in the city you can notice the lag (DSG not remmaped so it continues to change gears at low rpm and does not help the engine). Also, i noticed that the esp would come on very often due to the extra power.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.