What Air Intake?

• Revo

• RamAir

• BMC

• Other (Comment The Brand)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
So I'm in a predicament, I'm trying to decide what air intake to get. as I'm starting the mods that I want to do to my car.

So I not sure what one I should get il link below the ones I'm looking at so you can get an idea.

Revo - https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/20-tsi-air-intake-system

RamAir - https://www.ramair-filters.co.uk/sh...ion-intake-kit-in-black-2-0-tsi-tfsi-gti-mk6/

BMC - http://www.venommotorsport.com/product/filters/FL3525/

Now the problem I have for one is the price the Revo is around £350 That's 2x more than the RamAir as you can't buy it directly from them and the only retailers (i know there listed on the forums but I don't know if they do special prices for us or not lol) then its the BMC at £180 then the RamAir at £140 (Currently On Sale normally £170)

My second thing is there are no videos on them I know it silly but one reason I'm getting it is for the woosh noise when you change gear... yes I'm a child I know but whatever.

Thirdly the compatibility concerns Revo says it's for the MK6 GTI (I know its the same engine), BMC says it not even meant for that car and that they don't do one for it but they do for the MK6 golf and they're not sure if it will even fit properly (been talking to them via email.. very helpful btw) and RamAir says its for the ea888 engine but says its for the TFSI, not the TSI engine.

If I have made any errors let me know and il make the correct changes. Any advice/comment will help me make my choice so thanks in advance.

---UPDATE--- Thanks for everyone who commented but in the end I can't justify to myself paying over double the price for a brand name or an extra plastic pipe when I already have one in place so I have gone with RamAir

Last edited:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Stick a Ram-Air/Pipercross/BMC/whatever panel filter in the standard box, do just as good of a job and only cost about 30 quid.

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
Fyi revo filters are made by pipercross so have a look at their site ;)
cool will do that now

Stick a Ram-Air/Pipercross/BMC/whatever panel filter in the standard box, do just as good of a job and only cost about 30 quid.

I'm wanting to up the power some time down the road so adding an induction kit will benefit more in the long run plus no woosh noise :p

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I went Revo. Got best reviews for air flow. Lowest for ltft issues. And it goes woooosh when you accelerate and coos like an owl when you fast change gear.

Kuski

Aug 13, 2020
Have anyone seen any dyno proven results or comparisons about EA113 intakes? Would really like to buy one but dont know what brand would be good. I have 2007 Cupra

Kuski

Aug 13, 2020
Save your money, turbo’s need the best filtration. OEM is the best
Yeap, it amazes me that aftermarket filters doesnt seem to filter as good as oem. I'm planning to go fbo little by little so thats why I thought intake would be good starting point.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeap, it amazes me that aftermarket filters doesnt seem to filter as good as oem. I'm planning to go fbo little by little so thats why I thought intake would be good starting point.
You can’t have both with a filter

more air less filtration
more filtration less air.

for the extra 1 bhp an aftermarket filter gives i’ll stick OE