Revs rising after letting off throttle

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Right been driving my car around for a couple of weeks now, and overall very happy :)

One thing however is I've noticed that the revs rise a little (sometimes a lot) after lifting off the throttle. At first I thought it was the clutch pedal sensor, I've now replaced that and it's the same. Weirdly it's very intermittent might happen twice a day on the way to work but then not again for 3 days.

This normally happens in 2nd gear under heavy acceleration.

After looking this up it seems most people have diagnosed it as a slipping clutch, I've only just fitted a Helix 6 paddle though so pretty sure I can rule that one out.

Is there a technique for setting the pedal sensor?

Are there any tests I can do to rule out other options - what would happen if I unplug the clutch pedal switch?

Cheers

Joe

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you can log the clutch sender in vagcom... search cruise control fitment to find the block number to view

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Couldn't find the right measuring blocks, so took the practical approach and just started adjusting it whilst I was out tonight. Start off by turning it out slightly which made it worse, so therefore turned it clockwise and then problem solved.

Cheers though Bill :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members