rf's FR TDi - NOW SOLD - Another Car Change 2013!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
So this aftenoon I went and traded in the Formula Sport for a Candy White FR TDi. So much better than the 1.4 100hp Ibiza I had previously and seems to be better built and less noisy too :confused:

Already done a few small mods - gloss black wing mirror covers, LED side lights, LED number plate lights and flip key.

Plans for future are:
- debadge the I B I Z A (probably tomorrow)
- HIDs
- Lower slightly
- Remap (in about a years time)
- PD160 intake and panel filter?
- 'FR' mats
- colour code side strips

IMAG0059-1.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

^^ comes in handy :)

Gave my mum and dad a wee go and they are really impressed with it :) Some guy in a 1.6 Civic with a chav exhaust tried to race my mum which was hilarious lol!

Last edited:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looks nice! How'd you like it compared to your old 1.4?

Down at the Magnum Centre eh? Long time since I've been down there :lol:

TBH words can't even describe how much better it is! N/A 16v small petrol engines are total crap imo, would never recommend them to anybody. I've been driving about with a big cheeser all day ha ha.

Well it was next to the Magnum lol, at the beach park, always makes a decent spot for a photo :)

Going to detail it tomorrow as well.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yeah, I can imagine how much quicker it will be! Just remember to let it warm up before giving it beans, and try not to floor it below 2k revs - Helps you keep your clutch :p

Yeah I think it must be about 2-3 years since I was last there, was down at one of the "Irvine Cruise" or "Beach Cruise" or whatever it was called. Looks a nice spot when its quiet though!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Yeah, I can imagine how much quicker it will be! Just remember to let it warm up before giving it beans, and try not to floor it below 2k revs - Helps you keep your clutch :p

Yeah I think it must be about 2-3 years since I was last there, was down at one of the "Irvine Cruise" or "Beach Cruise" or whatever it was called. Looks a nice spot when its quiet though!

I know about letting it warm up and letting the engine idle for a few secs before turning off and also about flooring under 2k revs, but cheers anyway Mick.

Oh is that the cruise that the neds go on :p Yeah it's a decent enough beach.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yeah it is, or was. I went down with a few pals, left after about 30 mins though :p Never been down again!

Need to get some pictures with the cars together mate, Black against white :p I'll have a look for you next time I'm at Partick/Finneston haha.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Yeah it is, or was. I went down with a few pals, left after about 30 mins though :p Never been down again!

Need to get some pictures with the cars together mate, Black against white :p I'll have a look for you next time I'm at Partick/Finneston haha.

Good idea, photo shoot kinda idea? Although i would need to lower mine about a foot :whistle:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
mmmmmm Maybe.... ;)
If I can get the ££££ Numbers to work in my favour (and convincing the missus), I might change soon. Problem is I never payed attention to the interest when I bought mine 3 years ago - ended up paying for too much!

.G.

Ah cool, what you thinking of getting?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Tbh I'm not overly bothered. But it's always better to have it than not isn't it?

For me it's not really about going fast i.e sitting at 90mph, more getting to speed at a decent pace and being able to overtake without dicing with death ha ha.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I thought you'd do well to get a car that looked as good as your old one (I'll take your word for it that it's slow and miserable, got to better than my 1.2 though!) but it looks as though you've managed it. :D

Nice one RF.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I thought you'd do well to get a car that looked as good as your old one (I'll take your word for it that it's slow and miserable, got to better than my 1.2 though!) but it looks as though you've managed it. :D

Nice one RF.

Thanks Chris? I think it looks loads better than my old car :) Your 1.2 probably would feel nippier than the 1.4 even though the 1.4 is actually faster, just takes an age to feel as if its accelerating due to it being a 16v.

subscribed :)

Cheers, just ordered some 6k hids last night from HIDs 4 U. Not looking forward to trying to fit them though :lol:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
If you need a hand fitting them Ross give me a shout, i fitted mine inside the light unit without taking the bumper etc off in about 40 mins.

Was it slim ballasts you got?