rf's FR TDi - NOW SOLD - Another Car Change 2013!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Sidelights look a little too old manish... LED's for a younger look :)) NumberPlate lights too :p

Mmm, not sure if i'll be able to change them, something to do with the wiring means that it puts an error on the dash :( The number plate bulbs are leds already from the factory, same as the ones under the door handles.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Will a set of 13led ones fit? I've still got those ones.

Lovely car, much nicer to drive than the Ibiza, but once you have bigger heavier wheels, it'll really need a map :lol:

Not sure gary, haven't even worked out how to work the trip computer never mind change the sidelights lol. I'll let you know though

Ha ha, it's quite a bit faster than the ibiza was as it stands so i'll leave mapping at the moment.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Really? It didn't feel faster the other day. I suppose you'll have pushed it a lot harder lol.

It revs really high for a deisel, the power delivery is very smooth. I never thought my ibiza was much faster after it was mapped though so i'm comparing the 1 to standard ibiza. 0 - 60 for the 120d is 7.6 apprarently compared to 9.3 for the ibiza

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Well i do see the appeal, that's why i bought it :lol: I'm sure it will be a better experience than my two seats which wouldn't be difficult tbh, i guess i've just been unlucky with them :)

I'm with you on that one mate, absolutely miles apart from my Cupra TDI, really loving mine, it's so nice to have decent suspension for a change.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I'm with you on that one mate, absolutely miles apart from my Cupra TDI, really loving mine, it's so nice to have decent suspension for a change.

Suspension is amazing!! Excellent handling but absorbs bumps really well. Aparently the coupes suspension is better than the hatchback as they get a bit of a rep for being hard.

Nice car buddy, love the look of the interior.

Cheers, yeah it's a nice place to be, seats are great - got electric air pumps in the bolsters to increase the stiffness of them. Plus no rattles!!

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Suspension is amazing!! Excellent handling but absorbs bumps really well. Aparently the coupes suspension is better than the hatchback as they get a bit of a rep for being hard.

Yes, handling is far superior, and relatively comfy for sports suspension. What colour is yours, it looks really nice.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Nice that matey, thats what i had planned on getting and being sensible but the 123d with the 18's. Great cars the 1 series!

Yeah the idea of twin turbo is appealing but there's not much difference in performance between them - plus this was a bargain for me. Actually is the first car i've had that i properly like lol.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Thats what all the 120d owners say :p

Yeh they are spot on, very nice cars. Some young lad in town has got a black 135i, younger than me as well the Jammy bugger!

I still fancy one at some point, just once they have lost more of their value. Can't believe they are nigh on 30k cars to start with, you've gone about it the right way for sure if you got a nice bargain

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Thats what all the 120d owners say :p

Yeh they are spot on, very nice cars. Some young lad in town has got a black 135i, younger than me as well the Jammy bugger!

I still fancy one at some point, just once they have lost more of their value. Can't believe they are nigh on 30k cars to start with, you've gone about it the right way for sure if you got a nice bargain

Ha ha, very funny! Tbh, it more than meets my requirement so i guess it'll do lol. 135i is a fast car, 0-60 5.3 secs :)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Got a few bits lying about that i'll not be using. Wind deflectors, 6k HIDs and sound deadening. Give me a shout if your interested.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
the 123d msport is nice piece of kit i think its around 200bhp standard

nice car but cant drive them in the snow they are a mare!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
the 123d msport is nice piece of kit i think its around 200bhp standard

nice car but cant drive them in the snow they are a mare!

yeah the 123d is 200hp standard and the 120 is 177hp standard. I'm happy with mine performance wise tbh, goes well and is quicker than my ibiza was. Apparently a dpf removal and a map can see 250hp which would be nice i suppose lol.

As for the snow, i'll just have to be late for work. Oh dear ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.