RHD Parts for engine covers

marculos

May 16, 2010
I'm trying to find the part numbers to get the covers for under the bonnet to stop water getting on.

I bought GENUINE AUDI A4 RS4 B6 B7 8E 2001-2010 BATTERY COVER PLENUM CHAMBER 8E2819422A but doesn't seem to fit properly, have I bought the wrong one ? See pic. Can someone help?

batterycover.jpg

m3XvrBa

Thanks !

a>

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
The battery cover you have bought looks correct and like mine. You need the cover which will replace the original large one and allow the battery cover to sit in. I did post in a thread some time back the part numbers for the covers I bought. As Tom said these won’t stop water coming in they more reduce leaf debris etc sitting on the battery and making there way down to the drain hole! And obviously smarten the engine bay up nicely.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Good luck! The worst part about the bung removal job is removing and refitting the battery. On that note, I'd recommend getting a battery health check/drop test done before you start this job. It might save time and hassle in the long run.

marculos

May 16, 2010
The battery removal indeed does look like a PITA ! I had a look yesterday and there was some water there after a few days of heavy rain. Underneath the battery I think I found a bung and have poked it a bit with a screwdriver, think its now gone ! I used a fat syringe to remove all the existing water. Will have a proper look at the weekend. Thanks for your help !

Reactions: David Smith

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
If you poked the middle of the bung under the battery it might have just dislodged the blockage. If you have the time, please double check it's gone. Technically it should land on the floor. The one under the brake servo has a cable running through it, I pushed mine down with a screwdriver as far as I could so there was plenty of room for water & leaves to escape.

When I finished mine I got a bucket of water and poured it onto the windscreen to simulate a heavy downpour. The water and crud should pour out quite quickly.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members