1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Rhodium Grey Cupra Ateca C+S

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (CUPRA)' started by 'Little' John, Mar 1, 2019.

1. 'Little' John

'Little' John Full Member

Here she is. Picked her up at lunch time and looking forward to spending more time with her. Is that sounding a bit creepy? No plans to mod, but we'll see what happens!

CupraAtecaFront.jpg CupraAtecaRear.jpg CupraAtecaSide.jpg

2. tom t

tom t Full Member

3. Billyray911

Billyray911 Full Member

Really nice-pano roof as well-my perfect spec!

'Little' John likes this.
  4. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+
    Staff Member

5. 'Little' John

Sunday's tend not to be good for me, which is a shame because that seems to be when most of the meets are. Sounds like @wesbar is going to try to get to the Doncaster meet so you should still get he chance to see one.

Probably intending to get a longer write up done after Easter when it's run in and I've had a couple of long runs.

6. perelaar

perelaar Full Member

Looking good! Ours will have about the same spec, but in velvet red. Hoping for delivery end March/early April if the dealer did not mix up dates!

7. 'Little' John

Just to let people know a few more thoughts on Cupra Ateca ownership. After the best part of two months, what is the Cupra Ateca like to live with?

Coming from a pre-facelift Leon I felt immediately at home in the Ateca. A number of reviews that I have read criticise the interior for not being more 'special' than the SEAT version. I don't think that it is necessarily a bad thing. It was good to know where everything is without having to go through a laborious learning process. That being said, diving into the options on the touchscreen does give access to a lot more options than I previously had. The Ateca does feel like a much bigger car than the Leon both inside and when trying to place it on the road. It's good to have the performance when needed, but the Ateca makes a surprisingly good long distance cruiser. It is quiet at the legal limit, and considering the performance available is reasonably economical when it needs to be (although as one review commented, if you do regularly access all the available performance, it's thirst for fuel is prodigious!)

I've just returned from a weeks holiday in Devon - for the geographically challenged, that's a fair hike from Darlington! On the way down, detouring via Bath I got over 35mpg and on the way back (averaging 65mph) I got 37.4mpg. My anxiety about range was completely unfounded - having filled up on leaving the B+B I still had over 100 miles range left when I got home (should have been good for about 450 miles in total).

Other than finding it a little thirsty on my daily commute (due to the nature of the journey it's difficult to crack 25mpg on the way to work! Coming home is a bit better) I've found very little to criticise about the car. It's facing it's next big challenge tomorrow with what I hope is going to be the first blitz on the garden this year - let's see just how much we can get in the boot!

The only worrying thing is a couple of noises that have started in the past couple of weeks. What initially sounded like some kind of fluid sloshing around has crystallised into some sort of suspension creak (I think). In the past couple of days the power steering has started joining in as well. A trip to the dealer very shortly is going to be in order. Given the level of service I've had in the past I'm not looking forward to it!

louiskopite and perelaar like this.
  8. 'Little' John

9. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+
    Staff Member

10. 'Little' John

Suspension has been sorted. The lass on the desk reckoned that there was a recall on the suspension - apparently there's a fix to stop the problem happening in the first place. However, if there is a recall I would have thought I should have been contacted? Side cameras are still wonky as they don't have the equipment to calibrate them and they will need to 'borrow it'! That could be a bit of a hassle. Apparently Bristol Street Motors don't do courtesy cars - you can have a loan car for the bargain price of £30 instead.