Richys Toledo TDI

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Hi all,

Think its about time I get a mod journal on the go! I have a Toledo 1.9 TDI SE (110 I think) I have quite a few plans for it, but lets start with what I have already;

Body work is very tidy, big chip under the passenger side headlight thanks to a pressure washer [:@]
Picture001.jpg
Picture003-1.jpg

Someone pinched my SEAT badge off the cover when I left the bonnet up for a few minutes and left it un-attended! The cheek!
Picture002.jpg

Towbar HAS to go, even though its saved my ass a few times, its almost written off a micra & "de-front bumpered" an M3...*Giggles*:whistle:
Picture004.jpg

The Alloys are immaculate, just not very good! Just won some RS6's on fleabay, hopefully should have them soon enough!
Picture005.jpg

Got it for £4500 with 40k on the clock, cant be bad?

Wish list coming next!

Last edited:

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
To do

To do list before I start modding:

Cat replacement (tomorrow thanks for Mike FR+!)

Smooth out the airbox, perhaps drill it, probably just take the fins out though!

Just borrowed a steam cleaner for a few weeks so going to give everything a good going over. Engine bay in need of a clean.

Remove the tow bar

Seal the passenger side door to stop the annoying water leak.

Dry out the carpets once done <<(any ideas how???)

Sand down / repaint front interior door handles, badly scratched and looks messy.

I know I would liked more guides on here, so will try to make as many as possible to help out people doing the same thing. Share and share alike!

Last edited:

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Ok well 1 or 2 things to cross off the list, got some new alloys!

MOMO S-FIVE 17" 7.5 - I know it looks like a 4x4 now.... I need some lowering springs!!!

DSCN0393.jpg

The EGR valve has a pretty big oil leak around the manifold join. Going to be getting a replacement next week sometime thanks to Revolution Racing. Will take some pics and put a lil guide together.

craig007

Hey mate,

Your ride is looking good so far, yeah that price is ok, i paid £7300 for my Cupra R with 57,000 on the clock.

Keep us updated.

Will have to met up sometime...as im just down the road haha

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Since it was a nice day I decided to do something to the car. After buying some silicone pipework from ChrisGTL that didn't fit its intended purpose, I decided to make it the start of a large cold air feed!

d116d7f4.jpg

Looks the nuts, just need to feed another pipe downwards to get some nice cold stuff!

29dba427.jpg

craig007

sorry mate...rarely get on here lol.

Looking good.

Yeah some meets will be spot on...get a chance to chat and see the other rides.

My LCR is immense mate...its off road at the minute and im running a cheap little old corsa haha - figured that the best way to do the LCR up is to take it off road to do it properly...

Im looking for a Toledo V5 with the double din for the sat nav screen. I just want the centre console for my car...if you hear anything bell me please...!!! :D:D:D

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Inlet manifold and EGR

Ok, firstly massive thanks to Adamm for the PD150 inlet manifold, and to David from sere motors for the gasket!..

First step, remote the airbox pipe and the 90 degree pipe off the EGR that attaches to the intercooler pipework.
942e4c20.jpg

Second step (this is to remove the EGR), there are 3x 6mm Allen key bolts attaching the EGR to the inlet manifold and 2x 5.5mm bolts attached to the underside of the EGR.

Third step, Now the only thing that should be holding your EGR to the car are 2x vacuum hoses that you can cut off and plug with screws.

Put the blanking plate over the exposed pipe underneath.
55d9dbec.jpg

There are x6 6mm AK bolts holding on the manifold, as you can see from the above picture, when i removed the EGR and manifold I found the source of the oil leak! No gasket on the Inlet manifold!!!!!!

And the crap inside the inlet manifold reduced the size by about 50%!
e48f9bcb.jpg

Old, small and clogged vs new shiny and BIGGER :D
e5128867.jpg

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
The finished product! Took it out for a spin, seemed to pick up a lot quicker then went BANG!!! The pipe connected to the EGR delete pipe blew off, I stretched it back over and did the same thing again! Going to have to get a 51mm to 57mm reducer.

Needs a clean up....

372ea778.jpg

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
The finished product! Took it out for a spin, seemed to pick up a lot quicker then went BANG!!! The pipe connected to the EGR delete pipe blew off, I stretched it back over and did the same thing again! Going to have to get a 51mm to 57mm reducer.

Needs a clean up....

372ea778.jpg

hi mate,

dose this mod remove the Anti shudder value???

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Hi mate, just found this thread with a little search, I'm after the pd150 manifold for my Ibiza, same engine :) don't suppose you have the part number for the one you have fitted now?

Also did it make much difference?

Cheers

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Hi All,

Sorry for not being on lately, I actually sold my Toledo about 7 months ago! It was an impule sell to by another car (Saab 9-3 Aero). However now Im starting to miss the old girl! Looking for a Leon FR or Toledo PD150 at the moment....

Will keep you posted :)

Rich