Right...

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Jib 21 said:
Surely the "more isnt always better" rule applies here though, just cos it's the redline doesnt mean its the best place to change up to maintain the most power going to wheels.

If you look at RR graphs 5.5k seems to be about the best time to change up as thats when it all goes weak on the LCR.

Cupramax said:
Yes, thats the bugger. Just trying to find that thread, not sure if its still there as he got banned.

I looked too. Seems all old posts have been deleted beyond a certain date, and only dads and sisters usernames remain in the Username lists.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
FriarFR said:
hehe - i do like these dual conversations
:D

I had a Fiat Uno Turbo and stuffed it into 2nd at 90mph. The rev counter went right the way around and hit the little zero peg. Very funny! (about 11-12,000 rpm I estimate). Was fine after. I also snapped a cam belt in it at 100mph and did not damage a single thing, put another one on and it ran like a dream. Sorry, back to the thread!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
there wa sa Civic type r that hit 10000 revs when he was racing a LCR from her ei think, he basically hit 2nd when going for 6th, and the engine blew, ooopss

he was'nt covered either as honda spotted the code,

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
Ant FR said:
there wa sa Civic type r that hit 10000 revs when he was racing a LCR from her ei think, he basically hit 2nd when going for 6th, and the engine blew, ooopss

he was'nt covered either as honda spotted the code,

really???

i might be wrong (usually am) but i thought the Honda 6 speed 'box had a clever little gizmo that prevented you down shifting too far or selecting reverse at high revs... The Integra R DC5 does anyway.

very neccasery due to the extremely high revving engine

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
luke said:
Even so, unless you've modified the car by raising the limiter it would be well worth fighting them on this IMO. I'd like to see them prove you put the car into second at 85 mph. And if it isn't in the T&C's then they're legally obliged to replace the engine.

if you knowingly put the car into 2nd at 85mph and claimed otherwise you would be committing an act of fraud for which you could end up in more cow poo then just the cost of replacing an engine.

bear in mind the ECU knows what speed you're going at any point in time, how many revs/second you were doing...and in the event of a fault I believe it logs pertitinent data.

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
cpufreak said:
if you knowingly put the car into 2nd at 85mph and claimed otherwise you would be committing an act of fraud for which you could end up in more cow poo then just the cost of replacing an engine.

bear in mind the ECU knows what speed you're going at any point in time, how many revs/second you were doing...and in the event of a fault I believe it logs pertitinent data.
Well I wouldn't do it in the first place. :)

I'm just saying if my engine did blow and SEAT said to me "Ah yes, but you have this fault code logged" I wouldn't just accept that and pay the whole cost of the engine myself. If you would then that's up to you, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

btw: As an example of this I managed to get my disks replaced under warrenty at 30K miles.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.