Rim Advice

Shock_Xe

As usual looking at something different, want diferent wheels, few Q's for those who know

I know our ofset is 4x100 PCD but will 108 work?

I know the ideal offset needed for brembos is 35-38ml, What would offset of 19 do?

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
a wheel with a pcd of 108 wont fit a 100 hub as the bolt holes will be 8 mill out not to sure on the offset on 19 's that's if they will even fit without major mods :)

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
I think Mike is looking for a 100% certain answer. I think 99% of the forum can tell him that 108 isn't 100 but I think he is looking for an answer from somebody who has tried this ;) (NOI).

Pople said my wheels wouldn't fit ... but they do :yes:

Alpha

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
wot are ur wheels dude?

i recently passed up some mint super Ls cos the pcd was 108..as this was the diameter of the stud layout...i presumed they would never fit cos the studs wouldnt line up with a 4x100 hub

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
While we're on the wheel train of thinking, what rim widths fit the ibiza mk3, anyone know what J rating they are?
Im lookin at wheels, and its asking for rim width.

I aint got the car with me, so cant check mine at the mo.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I've read that the ibiza's can use 7.5" wide wheels, so i assume J7.5 would be that fitment.
If so then i've answered my own question, if not, can someone explain.

Mike, sorry, i dont mean to hijack your thread.

IMO, 108pcd wont fit, for the simple reason, the bolt holes wont line up, unless you swap the hubs.

Mark@VAGWORX

SEat Regular
May 15, 2003
Nr Colchester, Essex
4x108 won't work.

Offset of ET19 will push the rim further towards the outside edge of the arch. Depends on factors whether it'll work. Anything will go, just depends how much time and cash you want to spend in getting something to fit.

Firstly depends on whether you're looking at a 16" or 17" rim. I was running the 7.5x16 Rondells with spacers which gave an effective offset of ET16 on the front with no problems. Also depends on how low you're going to run the car.

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
@ Alphamale i was just stating the obvious so you more experianced guys could take care of the second part of his answer ;)

Shock_Xe

reason why i ask about the pcd is people tend to advertise them as "100/108" obviously its the variations they do and not that its both

Will stick to pcd 100 then :D thanks guys

Shock_Xe

Forbez said:
It could be that they are double drilled, for two fitments, iirc the Kei racing ones are like this.

ahh, I like the kei ones specially the force 8/10 but they only come in high offsets (43+) so Brembos are no go

Also like the OZ Record Monobloc but only do offset 40 :( too big for spacer?

record.jpg

record.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Shock_Xe said:
As usual looking at something different, want diferent wheels, few Q's for those who know

I know our ofset is 4x100 PCD but will 108 work?

I know the ideal offset needed for brembos is 35-38ml, What would offset of 19 do?

no

forget offset... all depends on wheel spoke design
ET19 is very sticky out so its the right direction for clearing brembo's but thats no guarantee of clearing them.

no converters to go from 100pcd to 108pcd, and these will further reduce your offset.

I think you have a snowballs chance in hell of achieving this to be honest

Shock_Xe

the oz rims above are offset 40 pcd100 and look like a flat spoke on the edge of the rim so possibly would only need 5ml spacer ish to clear brembos??

My suspension are slim line so that will help with tyre width.

Ive just seen that Mo do the 6spoke design in 17's now and not just 18's, very tempted in antracite and I love them to bits but cant warrant 1k for rims :(

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
Forbez said:
I've read that the ibiza's can use 7.5" wide wheels, so i assume J7.5 would be that fitment.

That's what I have, A few of the guys at the meet said they made the car look a lottle more aggresive. A set of Coillies and I'll be laughing ;)

Alpha

biggaz

Jan 6, 2006
You should be fine with et40 if you put some spacers in there? Wheel sizes etc are a lot more "do-able" than you think, take for instance my previous car was a mk1 golf which have similar ofsets 35 ish? Standard wheels are 6j wide.
I placed mine on some 8j x 14" borbets with an et20!! Then lowered it over 100mm, you can go quite a bit further than you might think, the arch's on the rear of these ibiza's are stupid and are crying out for some 9jx16's!!

Add to that some stretched tyres (which dont fall off btw) and your clearance is fine!

Just wish i had the money atm lol

look on this pic the rims actually stuck out further that the arch, but tyres went inside with NO scrubbing!

newpic1.jpg

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
For that price, why does the seller still have a hand??

I love those wheels, but fook me thats cheap! Especially when those Rays engineering wheels are usually around £480 each!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise