Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Rim Sizes - Euro Style

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk2 (1993-1999)' started by Fenix, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Fenix

Fenix Full Member

I read some of you use 7.5J on the front and 9J on the back - would 9J all round be ok? What sort of problems would there be if I ran 9J all over? Some problems with front alignment - is this easy for a self fix? Any info appreciated! :)

edit:They're on Toyo Proxes T1-S tyres with a profile of 225/40 ZR16 and ET15

#1 Fenix, Mar 31, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  2. Fl@pper

Fl@pper Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope

7.5*17 and lowered and i had rear arch lip problems

how low you going ?

3. Fenix

Fenix Full Member

It's James' (James_mk) old car - 16" rims so as low as I can go to make it look good - but need to get up my drive so as long as it sits higher than the curb! Also where do people get rims from, as places I have seen you have to buy 4 of the same size?

4. Czechboy

Czechboy Tarmac terrorist

5. Fenix

Fenix Full Member

Found a set for £760 wrapped in Toyo's 7.5J&9J hooray!

6. sionowz

sionowz Active Member

awsome.. hey chuck some pics up if you can... how low are you going/gone with them. I've been thinking about some 16" 7.5 & 9j lowered 60mm..but duno if it will work:think:

7. Fenix

Fenix Full Member

Check my project gti topic for all the photos of the car!
    I know a friend went 60mm all round on his Corsa and had slight rub with a full car so I'll try similar when everything arrives; just need to decide on coilovers!

8. Czechboy

Set of what alloys?? Borbet A's??

Mig

9. e5sta

e5sta Full Member

check through some of my threads for pics of 7.5j & 9J wheels as thats what i have on mine - i wil post a few up tho and i have no idea how low exactly but i would hazard a guess that its at least 60mm all round and a bit more ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope this helps

10. jaketalbot

jaketalbot cupra Jake

would we need spacers for the borbet a's? don't no how they dont catch on brake calipers??? or do the whole wheels sit out a bit more?

11. Fenix

Fenix Full Member

Czechboy - Bingo, you got me :)

Jake - I don't think we do unless we ran 7.5J on front and rear?

e5sta - Are you scraping on the ground or is that just a shadow as the clearance looks ok on the side but the front looks very very low. The tyres are - 195/45 on the front and 215/40 on the rear on 'performance tyres' for £150. Is it worth paying the extra £50 to get Toyo Cooper Avon tyres?

It's £611 for the rims, £150 for tyres (£200 for Toyo's), chrome valve caps for £10 and polished aluminium centre caps for £25 (as long as they're flat caps).

12. e5sta

e5sta Full Member

i only scrape the ground when it has an incline - i got one-sided over speedbumps and i have no hope trying to get into my local multistorey or the car park at my mates flats
    and i cant get anyone in the back as it then sits on the tyres and i have rubbage on every corner - but it looks good tho :p

and i have 5mm spacers on the front to clear the brakes as she has the slighter bigger brakes being the 16v

13. Czechboy

What a guess, lol. Must be becasue those wheels look PHAT on any VAG car :clap:

Mig

14. Fenix

Fenix Full Member

e5sta - I guess I'll have to wind her down and see what I can do then. I need to get up an incline to the local train station - however I guess I can tell the Boss to get out and walk up it haha. How easy is it to do a roadside wind-up incase I end up somewhere and face an incline and can't go anywhere but up?

Czechboy - That and because I'm stealing the idea from James ;)

15. e5sta

e5sta Full Member

lol you dont - you turn round and go the other way lol or reverse and annoy everyone behind you :lol: