Rim Wax - by Smart Wax

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Was looking to (whilst Fiancée was away) give my wheels a good clean and also apply a sealant.

Was going to use Poorboys but couldn't find it in the shops (a detailing company 'Polished Bliss' near Aberdeen has it but is closed at weekends).

Ended up buying Rim Wax for £17.50 at checkpoint, ill use the cliche "they said it was good in the shop" It also smells great, like chewing gum - you want to eat the stuff or lick your wheels!

So far as i can see, there was no mention of it on this forum - i may be wrong.

Took each wheel off one by one, fitting the spare so it wasn't left on the jack in the street. Rinsed them in the shower (hence my being able to do it with Fiancée away), sponged/scrubbed using fairy liquid, then again using autoglym car shampoo & conditioner, rinsed again.

Dried with hair dryer and an old tea towel then applied the sealant to all metal surfaces. Let it dry, aiding with hair dryer.

Polished off with kitchen roll then sprayed on some tyre wall black.

Wheels look very good - will wait and see how they keep the dirt down.

Stuart

matt_83

I've used Rimwax on my Cupra 160's wheels and also on family and friend's wheels and it seems to be fairly durable leaving a nice gloss too. Will give something else a go next time like Carlack68 NSC, but the Rimwax gets a thumbs up from me, plus it does smell good enough to chew :drool:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.