RNS 315 issues,

Ball bag

Dec 4, 2018
Good evening

I were just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers as to where to start with a problem with my rns 315 in a seat Leon 2011.

Background; Had the engine service a couple of week ago, a day after the radio suddenly stopped working. The seat logo pops up then goes back off immediately, it does this every 15 seconds or so. Also the radio now totally drains the battery overnight.

I’ve disconnected the radio and no more drainage issues so it’s definitley some problem with that. Problem is I don’t know where to start getting it fixed, if it’s a problem with the unit itself or some wiring issue.

Haven’t a clue about cars so any help where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Rob

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
1st is it a genuine RNS 315 unit the mimic 1s have a canbus in and if that breaks it drains battery and the unit will keep flickering

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ball bag

Dec 4, 2018
1st is it a genuine RNS 315 unit the mimic 1s have a canbus in and if that breaks it drains battery and the unit will keep flickering

Hi Danny

I’m not 100% sure, I bought the car when it was 3yr old and the stereo was already in. Is there an easy way to check? The unit has all the serial numbers etc on there

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Hi Danny

I’m not 100% sure, I bought the car when it was 3yr old and the stereo was already in. Is there an easy way to check? The unit has all the serial numbers etc on there
There will be a label on the inside if you pull the unit out, take some pics and send them on here.

Ball bag

Dec 4, 2018
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There will be a label on the inside if you pull the unit out, take some pics and send them on here.

Thanks for the response

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
No problem, it certainly looks genuine all numbers match up, was it retrofitted? Or come with car as new? I'm not sure how u check this. I did read that battery drain can be because of the CAN maybe needs to be a newer level, maybe this is why your power is dropping out did your car have built in Bluetooth module under driver seat?

Ball bag

Dec 4, 2018
No problem, it certainly looks genuine all numbers match up, was it retrofitted? Or come with car as new? I'm not sure how u check this. I did read that battery drain can be because of the CAN maybe needs to be a newer level, maybe this is why your power is dropping out did your car have built in Bluetooth module under driver seat?

Not sure on whether retro fitted or not, there is no Bluetooth module under the driver seat.

Tried ringing a few garages but no one wants to touch it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap unit to replace? Would like bt and sat nav but satnav not that important really.

Just got a Bluetooth ear speaker tuck in the hole at the minute lol, not bad for shorter journeys but no good in the long run

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Not sure on whether retro fitted or not, there is no Bluetooth module under the driver seat.

Tried ringing a few garages but no one wants to touch it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap unit to replace? Would like bt and sat nav but satnav not that important really.

Just got a Bluetooth ear speaker tuck in the hole at the minute lol, not bad for shorter journeys but no good in the long run
When u unplugged it do you have a green connector in the mains 1? If it was retrofitted might not have fitted the Mic and the GPS antenna will lead to a ariel Internally mine was magnetic, when you say cheap depends on what you call it the I think I sold my rns315 for 220 I would say that's a cheap unit you can get them on eBay or the model down but no built in bt or Chinese knock offs but be careful I had 2 and both broke within a week kept burning out.

Ball bag

Dec 4, 2018
T
When u unplugged it do you have a green connector in the mains 1? If it was retrofitted might not have fitted the Mic and the GPS antenna will lead to a ariel Internally mine was magnetic, when you say cheap depends on what you call it the I think I sold my rns315 for 220 I would say that's a cheap unit you can get them on eBay or the model down but no built in bt or Chinese knock offs but be careful I had 2 and both broke within a week kept burning out.

Thanks for the info, by cheap I mean 150-200including fitting kit really. Not too fussed on having unbelievable sound quality just want something that will play cds and the radio + bluetooth and ideally satnav

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
T

Thanks for the info, by cheap I mean 150-200including fitting kit really. Not too fussed on having unbelievable sound quality just want something that will play cds and the radio + bluetooth and ideally satnav
Yea pal just keep an eye on eBay you should be to get a unit for that price.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.