Road/Tyre noise.... normal?

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Having only covered around 70 miles in the new Leon, I have noticed that the noise from the road/tyres seems quite harsh in the cabin. I dont recall it sounding like that in the test drive and I'm wondering if its to do with having 4 new tyres on? As they wear will they quieten down at all??

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
With our ibiza FR after approx 500 miles things settled down abit, what I have noticed is Seat use different tyres & Dunlops by far make the most noise.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Thats reassuring thanks fella!
Mine has Continental's on at the minute... Fingers crossed! Apart from that I think the car is fan-bloomin-tastic!

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Keep in mind your on slightly lowered springs, the tyres are brand new and its cold outside.

I noticed the same with mine and it went after about 200 miles.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Really?

I would have thought that stiffer springs mean slightly noiser running as less of the vibration from the road ends up as movement energy than it would in softer springs thus more of it ends up being transferred into sound.

And worn tires are louder? I have always noticed the other way round (I found Parada spec 2's in particular to be much louder new than they are after 1000 miles or so.....)

Of course am only talking from opinion and assumption, I have no claims of what I said being fact.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
You could be right with regard to the springs.

Anyone in the tyre industry will always say worn tyres produce more noise..

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Also if you have the 18's the lower profile rubber can make for a tiny bit more road noise iirc.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.