Rob + Kelz Black Mk1 Leon Cupra 4WD Quattro Project

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
Nice Work Rob, nice feeling to get it back on all 4 feet !!!

One note - you may need to replace your when bearings again !! you need to install the driveshafts and tightening the pinch nut before you put the weight on the wheels..... this is due to the way the wheel bearing has a split inner race it needs to be pinched between the hub and driveshaft.
By putting the weight of the car on it apparently the bearing can be damaged.

There are loads of warnings on ETKA about this issue ..... same goes for the fronts.

Keep pushing on mate :)

Thanks Graham! Yes happy it was back on the ground and now home.

Unfortunately the arms and that need to come back off so that I can properly under seal it all, unless I just go around everything lol which I don't want to do really.

Thanks for the heads up on the wheel bearings, I did know this and the drivers side has the driveshaft end in it from an old broken shaft but I can't find what I done with my others so I couldn't get one for the passengers side.

On the up side, I do need to remove the bearings anyway so they will be replaced

I bought the disc shields etc and put the arms together then when I looked at the S3 rear brakes I realised the disc shields are different and sit back further as they are vented where as my originals are solid :(

So I will be changing the disc shield to aid the S3 rear brakes, waste of a pair of wheel bearings but it happens unfortunately lol