RobDon - Mk2 Leon 2.0 TDi DSG.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
All done, picking it up in the morning, not looking forward to the bill which will be close to £1k for all of the work, but at least it should be running properly now and the new turbo has a years warranty.

Am I right in saying the DSG box is limited to 250lbft, so there is no point in fitting a TDi tuning box as it's at 236lbft as standard anyway? TDi quote the increases at 175bhp and 295lbft from their box for the 140 engine.

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Car back this morning, working great now, finally have a working turbo which makes driving it 100% better and safer too. Bill was £1,351 though - but I'll get £400 back as the turbo I got was the wrong one so it's going back for a refund.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Good to hear it's back and working Rob :) DSG box is rated to 350Nm / 258lbft although as you know people have remapped past that anyway!

Knowing VAG, your engine will more than likely be making more than the stock figures anyway ;)

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Early Xmas present to myself, new head unit. Has everything - nav, bluetooth, dvd, touchscreen, steering wheel controls, SEAT boot logo, etc. Works great and looks OEM, only cost £180.

nav_zps5bbd1812.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members