Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
The way I fitted it there were 2 holes already there so I only had to drill 2 more. As long as it's bolted in solid it doesn't matter how it's fitted.

I was the first to fit this brace to a Leon - some have copied how I did it and some have done it their own way, it's all good! :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
i wasn't having a go or anything rob, I'm glad you gave it a try as i wouldn't have done it otherwise! lol

i also used the holes already there and just drilled an additional 2 more holes! :)

the only difference is your points to the rear of the car and mine points towards the floor and thus doesn't stick out as much, swings and roundabouts! :)

RobDon

Pro Detailer
After a long and miserable winter, finally some decent weather to get some work done to my car. I decided to paint my brakes as they were looking a little tired, so the bells have been painted high temp gloss black and the calipers silver. I will pick out the Tarox 6 emblem on the calipers in black once dry. The spring plates and bolts were also rubbed down and sprayed with high temp black.

brakes1.jpg

brakes2.jpg

These puppies also arrived, gorgeous Auto Style seats which match my interior perfectly. Red and black with suede sections on them, fibreglass backs - very light but very comfy and supportive. Will go well with 3" red harnesses!

bs401.jpg

bs403.jpg

They feel very well made, better made than my previous Corbeau seats I have to say, amazing value at £388 for the pair.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Seats look lovely Rob.
I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn't heard from you in a while.
I should have assumed you were beavering away at something.
Your some man at finding a bargain and something completely different from the usually well beaten track mods

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Seats look lovely Rob.
I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn't heard from you in a while.
I should have assumed you were beavering away at something.
Your some man at finding a bargain and something completely different from the usually well beaten track mods

Got plenty more on the go right now, sent off my intercooler pipes to PPS up your way to be powdercoated metallic silver (to match the SEM manifold) and ordered all new silicone hoses in black, so the entire engine bay will be all black and silver (brakes done to match!).

More pics soon.

i like those seats

i quite fancy a set of these, i've been looking at a few sets and had found a pair of sparco ones that were black with red trim but were more expensve than these. think they would compliment the rest of the cupra r interior very well with them being black with red stitching

looks like a great find there Rob :thumbup:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
+1 on those seats Rob, I spotted them on that same website and didn't think they looked that great, they look much nicer in your photos than on the website.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I got the drivers seat fitted today. I had to modify the Cobra subframe as the holes are in different places, plus I had to add an extra bar using some steel flat bar I got from B&Q to make all the holes line up. So after some cutting and drilling, it was done and fitted, it's in and solid. It feels and looks great! It is significantly lighter than the OEM seat too, I can pick up these new seats with one hand, can't do that with the OEM seat!

newstuff1.jpg

newstuff2.jpg

I also have a suede steering wheel with red stitching to go on, just waiting on the hub kit.

newstuff3.jpg

More updates next week when the powdercoated engine parts come back.

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
looking good as usual rob! :)

out of interest how comfortable are the new seats compared to the OEM R ones?!

tbh the OEM R seats look more supportive? Are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.