Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Yeah I think I'll be keeping the suede one. I'm going to do the headliner in suede at some point this year, so it will all match in. I'll stick the MOMO Tuner wheel on ebay (since the selling section on here is closed).

Hub kit is an OMP one.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
The rest of the stuff I was waiting on has all arrived, so time to get it all refitted and get the car back on the road! PPS have done their usual fantastic job on powdercoating the intercooler and turbo intake pipes in metallic silver (same finish as on the SEM manifold):

pipes1.jpg

pipes2.jpg

New silicone hoses, all black, the entire engine bay will be all black and silver now:

hoses.jpg

New K&N cone filter, RF-1027, 100mm neck, reducer fitted down to 76mm:

KN10271.jpg

KN10272.jpg

Finally a couple of misc. items, black coolant cap and silicone hose wipes:

misc1-1.jpg

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

I took it out for a drive to blow off the cobwebs and make sure everything was a-ok after refitting all the pipes etc. and it's all good, feels awesome to drive it again, still got plenty of poke! :D

One thing though - that suede steering wheel is terrible! Don't know what it's made of but I could feel it flexing in my hands, very un-nerving when cornering, it feels like I could bend it with my bare hands. So I removed it as soon as I got back, actually felt quite dangerous!

So I fitted the MOMO Tuner steering wheel and it feels 100-times better, zero flex and much higher quality. The suede one seems too small too, must be more like 330mm not 350mm as it is smaller than the MOMO.

momotuner.jpg

Turned out OK though as the MOMO steering wheel matches my MOMO gearknob now.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I wasn't happy with the finish or look of the silver on the brake calipers, so I rubbed them all down and repainted them in high temp gloss black, which matches the rest of the black on the car, stealthy! So both the calipers and bells are in gloss black now. I'll be fitting new pads all round soon too.

Front Tarox 6-pots (check out the rust dust off the discs after a drive to clean them off!):

brakes3.jpg

brakes4.jpg

Rears:

brakes5.jpg

brakes6.jpg

Ignore the dirt, the car will get a massive, intensive detail very soon!

Finally, after the dissapointing suede steering wheel, a pic of the MOMO Tuner wheel, looks good IMO and is MASSIVELY better quality:

tuner1.jpg

Again the interior is due a major clean very soon, now the better weather is here. :)

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
rob have you seen the OEM SEAT chequered championship mats available from dealers before? I have some, available in black/red or black/yellow, very good quality, cost about £50 five years ago! I think they would the would finish your theme off nicely inside your car! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members