Status
Not open for further replies.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thanks. Having roughly totalled up what I think everything on the car is worth second hand, it comes to nearer £8k so I'll have to seriously consider breaking it. Even if someone bought the car for £7k, they could probably make money on it if they broke it!

We'll see eh! :D

Build a quick website (loads of free options to do this) with pics, full spec, some commentary on the work done, and then stick a for sale page on to sell the parts. From here you can then list it everywhere, VAG forums (edition38, vagoc.co.uk etc), Pistonheads parts sale section, social media sites like facebook, twitter etc etc, and anywhere else you tend to 'hang about' online.

Nonetheless good luck with it mate whatever option suits!

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Thanks. Having roughly totalled up what I think everything on the car is worth second hand, it comes to nearer £8k so I'll have to seriously consider breaking it. Even if someone bought the car for £7k, they could probably make money on it if they broke it!

We'll see eh! :D

Rob,

Do you have the standard parts to put back on the car, i.e if you sold say the brake setup and other parts like TB or inlet manifold, you could make a few pound quick to get you by and still run the car if you had the original parts.

Just a thought.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Unfortunately not, as soon as I start removing parts it will be a non runner. I'd have to buy standard parts to put on to replace the performance parts. I think the only original parts I have lying around are the OE engine mounts and sump.

So I guess I could sell things like the Backdraft baffled sump and Vibra Technics fast road engine mounts and VF Engineering dogbone mount and still run the car.

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Build a quick website (loads of free options to do this) with pics, full spec, some commentary on the work done, and then stick a for sale page on to sell the parts. From here you can then list it everywhere, VAG forums (edition38, vagoc.co.uk etc), Pistonheads parts sale section, social media sites like facebook, twitter etc etc, and anywhere else you tend to 'hang about' online.

Nonetheless good luck with it mate whatever option suits!

Sounds like a good plan my friend. :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I'd break it Rob as the gearbox alone will be worth a fair amount of money.

What about swapping your upgraded parts for standard parts and of course money your way lol that way you could keep the car?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I'd break it Rob as the gearbox alone will be worth a fair amount of money.

What about swapping your upgraded parts for standard parts and of course money your way lol that way you could keep the car?

Could be done but I think I'd rather break it completely as the road tax and insurance etc. will still be high. Plus driving a 'watered down' version of the car wouldn't feel right.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I think I would leave it for sale for a little bit Rob, then maybe after a few weeks/ month or so begin to think about breaking it.

Chances are you're going to have a lot of bits hanging around which you can't shift straight away, have you got plenty of space to have bits lying around?

P.S I'm under 21 and drive a powerful Ibiza :D

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Not really my friend, I am finding the cost of running my car un-affordable now. Between £450 insurance, £260 road tax and over £100 a month in fuel, it's just unsustainable.

Another reason is that since my Dad died, I want to start travelling down south a couple of times a year to see my brother who lives down in Cambridge, so I need comfortable motorway cruiser for that, it's a 6 hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.