Rods and pistons upgrade?

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
Mine has eurospec 2l conversion with pauter rods.
Jabba have done one on a customers mk4golf running vf22 and made really good torque,better of asking them about it.

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
ryan_s3 said:
apy/apx 20mm pins
amk/bam 19mm?

yeah i've heard of problems with the 2.1 something about over rotation.
Jabba say s3 pistons are up to the job of 450bhp.
I would have thought the 2.0 would be good for 400+,dans had one built but not sure on the crank etc.

when I spoke to jabba jabba they said that the very early AMK code engines had 20mm. but who knows how early?

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
You guess right rob 19mm pins on yours looks like a piston change.

Hvae you not thought about some mahle piston? I take it you will be reboring and rehoning the bore to fit the new pistons? For longitivty

auq.JPG

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
t18con said:
.........concerned that bills maf is running out of reading at 400+ odd bhp

more mapping/scaling I think than actually running out of reading I think personally.

Remembering JBS James had 440bhp[ on his S3 sized MAF (smaller than my RS4existing one)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
caney said:
a bit off topic but from the little bit of knowledge i've picked up from mihnea at MRC it wouldn't be worth trying to achieve 450bhp out of a 1.8! he was showing me compressor maps for different turbos etc and a garrettt gt30 fitted to mine would get 400bhp+but the power wouldn't come in till 5000rpm because of limitatioins of a 1.8t unit! what bill etc have done would be the way to go or even 2ltrs. it is achievable but would drive like a dog:( i have no money left to go big engine so i'm happy to get 400bhp+using nitrous as 360bhp on the road is more than enough;)

The guy I am racing against has a GT30R on his ibiza and its still 1781cc and spools a lot better than I would ever have thought... but seeing is believing. 4K rpm and its really on song.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
t18con said:
and i was advised today that the 2 litre conversion using the aeg beetle crank, with the shorter pistons will only stand 23psi and 430 odd bhp because of the shorter pistons. that was from jabba too.

ps whats the jabba mod? removing the mesh?

Based on what exactly?
:confused: :whistle: :blink:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
t18con said:
tsr said they werent sure that their pistons were up to 400+bhp. they have to get back to me.

ps what size is an rs4 maf housing? and where can i get just the housing? oris there a bmw one or something in a bigger size? m5?? merc one???

You sure you will need one?
Check with whoever you are going to use for mapping for what they advise.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
ibizacupra said:
You sure you will need one?
Check with whoever you are going to use for mapping for what they advise.
erm, the mapper will not be able to answer that, hes too busy rounding up them cattle... cough* COWBOY!! Cough*

dont take it seriously conrad , ill be interested to see exactly what he can do with a non diesel!

caney

Apr 24, 2005
ibizacupra said:
The guy I am racing against has a GT30R on his ibiza and its still 1781cc and spools a lot better than I would ever have thought... but seeing is believing. 4K rpm and its really on song.
that must be bloody quick:wtf:

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
ibizacupra said:
driven one?
Is that a offer ? :p
Well it's going to be more cost effective to say 1.8 for me.James and gt30 beezer can manage 440bhp out of it with "liveable" lag.I know james didn't have largeport head(maybe ported?)or special inlet manifold, what about gt30 beezer?

caney

Apr 24, 2005
does anyone know how strong the crank is on the 1.8t? keith murray reckons 450bhp! i've strengthened my engine apart from the crank would it be worth doing?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
its brutal... and deffo fast.
has run 2bar boost, turned down to 1.5bar now. plenty in hand... just too much for fwd and road tryes.

5th gear wheel spin round combe!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ryan_s3 said:
Is that a offer ? :p

:no:

the extra displacement makes a significant difference to torque and spool in my experience of 2 x 20vt engine upgrades. (mk4 golf and ibiza)

Is it worth the ££?
:think:

Is anything?