Ron Dennis Quits.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Dennis first became involved in F1 in 1996, working alongside driver Jochen Rindt at the Cooper Formula One team.

Bit of a typo on their behalf (1996), but otherwise an interesting story.

I find it hard to see how McLaren have bought the sport into any more disrepute than Max Moseley and the poisoned dwarf, but there you go.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I don't blame him to be honest

FIA said McLaren twice passed up opportunities to rectify evidence it knew was false in Melbourne. Hamilton was stripped of his third-place finish, but McLaren could face sanctions in Paris that include being banned.

looks like they will finally have an excuse at last :headhurt:

sums it up for me

Dennis said the timing of his exit was "purely coincidental," but acknowledged that FIA president Max Mosley and F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone would welcome his departure.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
As per Fl@pper, I think ROn has suffered enough. As he's not bosom buddies with the 2 Hitlers running the show he is always going to be on the harshest receiving end of any penalty dished out.

What will McLaren get next. Crap pit garage. All points docked..... Be interesting to see if all this ends up ruining Hamilton as he will realise its less about racing and more about bickering.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Don't worry at least when Max Moseley steps down the F1 Ferrari bias from the FIA will end, the very impartial Mr Jean Todt will take over at the head of the FIA ;)

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how good the road car is, it's an interesting time to be forming a supercar company

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Why do we have to wait so long for the F1 decision on McLaren's fate? Putting it rather dramatically, the two McLaren drivers have to risk their, and other drivers', lives in the next two races without any assurance that they will be able to keep any points gained. I think I would sit at home and watch it ony telly instead.;)

I know McLaren are now regarded by many as lying scumbags but I am a fan and hope that Lewis can keep a low profile and go on to win races fairly and squarely later in the season. That would be their best response to the controversy.

mikem1

It all comes down to removing Ron Dennis, a long term pain in the ass for the FIA and Bernie, long live FOTA.

jamiebennett81

It all comes down to removing Ron Dennis, a long term pain in the ass for the FIA and Bernie, long live FOTA.

I cant stand the posioned dwarf....seeing the guy makes me puke and as for the other one....well, its rumoured to be in the papers his son could not bare the thought of the horrific publicity his father has been in the papers for and now a suspected drug over dose

if it is to be anyone who goes, then it should be these two feckwits

mikem1

Bernie is a one off. As for the other one, well I feel sorry for the families loss.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.