Ronin225's Candy rimmed Black LCR - Project 500-4WD, Cage installed and bigger turbo

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Nice work, did I read somewhere that you had badgers bigger discs?

Any vids of your track outings?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Cheers lee
I thought I better do something with the rears adam, they need to match the fronts and being as the calipers were knackered it was a good excuse

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Brakes were fitted last weekend but not had much chance to update this due to stag do's
Fronts fitted

Rears fitted

Had to leave it over night as no time to bleed but all fitted

Rear clearance on the enlarged back kit but with standard caliper is actually reasonably close now

So all fitted and bled

So nice to have a good pedal nice and high up. Proof that not all big brake kits are equal and really need to do the maths on what youre getting and matching it with
Then the day after I acquired these with a car, 6 OZ superturismos which will be added to the ever growning piles of wheels I have and used with semi slicks

rears from where?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I wouldn't expect that to be too difficult bill, the S3 carriers when fitted to a 2wd car require about a 2mm spacer so if you copied this spacer bracket and took away 2mm it should work.
However 2mm is quite a lot as the material is only about 6mm so maybe need to be a thicker piece but with machined out grooves for mating faces

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Bought some sticky new shoes for one of the sets of wheels

Got them fitted yesterday, off out for a drive midweek with some friends most of whom have moved on to bigger boys toys so im going to need all the help I can get to keep up with the rs's and m-powered offerings. So currently Its running the murdered look with these wheels on semislicks

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Depends on wether you've used track rubber before but I've used RSR's in the past on a different car and driven other cars with them and enjoyed them on road and track. With no temperature in them they're not so goog in the wet but being as they're trackday tyres that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Will more then likely be getting these to put on some 17" track wheels I bought.

Ps. What I mean is they may not give the outright dry grip of 888s but they're not far off and obviously much cheaper.

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
They will be mostly used for track days but being as we are off for a drink about 25 miles away im sure there will be some heat in them, im using them to drive to work for a few days to wear them in and see what theyre like.
Main reason I bought the tyres was having a spare set of supert's with no tyres and the rs-r was on offer. Even in 18" they were £300 delivered for a set of 4

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Been a while since ive updated again, car has had some tlc and new additions and plans have slightly changed
So sunday I had the chance of my friends ramps so with a pile of bits id not had chance to fit I started

So started off with a oil change and new pick up pipe since the cars now done 90k, plan was to fit the baffled sump but even with a bit of modding one baffle plate was catching the oil pump housing so put the original sump back on. Luckily nothing underneath appeared to be banana shaped

Interestingly found what appears to be some sort of swarf in the pick up :shrug:

After this was done I moved onto to replacing the spherical bearings in the rear part of the wishbone, these have been redesigned by powerflex and now have a dust cover so should hopefully stop ingress of too much crap and last longer, these were replaced under warranty too so was a bonus

While these were off I decided I may as well swap my weitecs out for the KW clubsports I acquired from a breaker. Hell of a price tag new but are very good quality

Now is where plans have changed, car was going to go for corner weighting with these whilst I then chose my last few engine bits and got it ready to build however ive not done too much to the car and with my daily commute having doubled ive decided to retire the old girl from daily use next month. So with this in mind ive almost ordered a full FIA/MSA approved cage, just waiting to hear back on lead time.
Then with the design of the cage I was thinking I need to be held more firmly so I don't end up headbutting one of the bracing bars.
Saw these come up at a steal of a price and couldn't resist as they'd only been trial fitted so are basically new

Will update again soon when more bits arrive next month, going to try and squeeze a trackday in on the 19th too

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Trackday went well with nothing breaking and the brakes being soo much better
Have got a few videos but will have to figure out how to upload them somewhere later.
Had a good time pushing an evo6 round for a few laps before he let me pass, also had the ginetta juniors practicing and did manage to keep with one for a while but the corner so quick
Now ive returned I popped to my friends to find the cage has arrived :funk: all 58 pieces of it!!
So I made a start yesterday with the necessary

The pile of stuff that came out in a few hours

Then another couple of hours this morning prepping it

Being as its still being used for a week yet I had to do some awesome cobbling together of bits to make the drive more palletable

One week and counting now until the scaffolding goes in, ill be removing little bits and pieces in the evenings ready for next week