Rough Idle on Cold Starts???

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
I have put up a post about this before but didn't really have much comeback so i thought i would start a new one and give as much detail as i could

Couple of problems -

1) Basically my Ibiza runs really rough on start-up. It seems to be when its cold most of the time. It will cough and splutter until the secondary air pump kicks in about 15 seconds later. Or at least it sounds like the secondary air pump. I try to put my foot on the accelerator to give it a few revs but nothing happens. I can put my foot flat to the floor and there is nothing. Its fine as after 15 or so seconds though as soon as the pump cuts in.

HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:

2) I had it remapped in p-torque in August. After the remap i had a new MAF and coolant temp sensor. Will told me to change the MAF as it was broken. I had the problem of the temperature light in the car flashing and also bleeping. Thats seemed to stop after changing it but has now come back [:@]

Any help would be greatful

Cheers

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
I would get it on vag com mate see what codes come up

If you changed your temp sensor and got the bleeping and light on you checked your coolant level? and also checked to see if any split pipes

daves ibiza

hi mate i have this new programme every thing what seat can get on there pc. tell you every thing tourge settings i mean every thing. diagrams of car all sorts what grade oils ect fueling plugs wicked bit of kit. code readers and troubleshooting . my new little toy ill find out symtoms mate ill post up later:seatgod:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.