Rough idle - which blocks should I log?

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The idle on my Ibiza Cupra 20vt dips down every now and then usually after taking it for a drive then stopping for a while. Stealer replaced MAF sensor but it hasn't made a difference and its now out of warranty.

Can anyone give me some advice on which blocks I should log to check if the readings are correct?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Have you tried a tb alignment via vag?

003 + 020 air flow + timming
115 + 031 Boost + lambda
118 + 032 Inlet Temp + adaptation

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I tried the TB align a couple of times but it didn't make any noise and hasn't made a difference.

I'll log those blocks and see what it says, thanks.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
here some thing to check, check vacum lines, check your dv as a faulty dv can cause the car to hesitate espicaly on idle.

You cant realy hear the tb aligining when in the car, log block 060 and press switch measurinb block, the fields will lock and the adaptaion will beging, give it a minute then press done to exit

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I have Forge DV but this also happened when I was using OEM one. No fault codes. Ran TB align again - it said TB RUN then TB O.K. a few seconds later.

Dont think there are any vacuum leaks but hard to tell really I guess? I may have to clean throttle body next then...was hoping it wuold be something easier to fix ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.