Rough Idle...

gaffer1986

So I have to wait till 20k before I start seeing figures in the range of 70 mpg when there's other mk3 owners who have done less miles than me and are hitting the figures now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You won't be seeing 70 mpg after 20,000 miles, I have the ibiza with the 1.6 and as far as I know the 1.6 in the mk3 leon is the same engine with stop start, the newer ea288 1.6 is fitted to the ecomotive Leon which is 6 speed. Anyway, the reason I say this is because I'm on 63,000 miles at the moment and have seen no improvement in fuel economy from the day I picked it up with delivery miles on it. I have averaged 42 mpg which is mainly stop start I town and about 15% motorway, at 70 mph I struggle to get more than 50 mpg.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
You won't be seeing 70 mpg after 20,000 miles, I have the ibiza with the 1.6 and as far as I know the 1.6 in the mk3 leon is the same engine with stop start, the newer ea288 1.6 is fitted to the ecomotive Leon which is 6 speed. Anyway, the reason I say this is because I'm on 63,000 miles at the moment and have seen no improvement in fuel economy from the day I picked it up with delivery miles on it. I have averaged 42 mpg which is mainly stop start I town and about 15% motorway, at 70 mph I struggle to get more than 50 mpg.

in a 2010 ibiza? its more likely that you have the mk2 leon 1.6tdi engine. And i used to get 50mpg from doing 70 in my FR so I think there is something wrong with your car.

gaffer1986

The best way to confirm if Ckpearce91 has the older 1.6 TDI CR is to check if you have a water cooled intercooler built into the intake manifold or is it an air cooled intercooler positioned below the radiator and ac condenser.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
The best way to confirm if Ckpearce91 has the older 1.6 TDI CR is to check if you have a water cooled intercooler built into the intake manifold or is it an air cooled intercooler positioned below the radiator and ac condenser.

I'll have a look tomorrow when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.