RPMs at 100mph

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Has anyone driven abroad (in Germany for example) and knows what RPMs at 100mph the 6 speed manual 2.0 L diesel 150BHP runs at?

Many thanks

Tell

Staff member
Well Tony without doing specific research on your 2.0 TDI 150 its going to be the ones going into Tiguans in 2017 but with perhaps some changes in tuning for real world consumption figures now brought in. At that stage the MPG you got out of a 190 v 150 Tiguan was the same / very close. The sales guy said if you are soft pedalled you get the same. The 190 is more raucous when revved hard, it's known for that.

What I'd do is study the Allspace and Kodiaq brochures to get an idea of how things will turn out on the Tarraco. I had the 2.0 litres TDI in my old Altea I had that for 12 years with DSG. Never gave me a problem apart from the ECU failing. Mechanically it was fine. Each VAG 2 litre is a progression of the same design...

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Well Tony without doing specific research on your 2.0 TDI 150 its going to be the ones going into Tiguans in 2017 but with perhaps some changes in tuning for real world consumption figures now brought in. At that stage the MPG you got out of a 190 v 150 Tiguan was the same / very close. The sales guy said if you are soft pedalled you get the same. The 190 is more raucous when revved hard, it's known for that.

What I'd do is study the Allspace and Kodiaq brochures to get an idea of how things will turn out on the Tarraco. I had the 2.0 litres TDI in my old Altea I had that for 12 years with DSG. Never gave me a problem apart from the ECU failing. Mechanically it was fine. Each VAG 2 litre is a progression of the same design...
sorry you had to write all of this, it was helpful but I meant RPMs not MPGs, so essentially does it rev more than 3000 RPMs at that speed for example?

Tell

Staff member
I have see Honest John do the calculation once ;).

It will run smooth I'm sure (your Tarraco) they test all cars at those speeds. That's the VAG groups natural habitat running between German towns on unlimited autobahn, especially Friday afternoons then they dash between cities on the early aftetnoon knock off :). Problem is getting the speed back down when you get home.