Rubbish radio reception

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
I find I'm constantly having to manually re-tune my radio back to radio 2 (yes, radio 2!) on the way to/from work. It's really annoying. This is the first time I've got a car and not immediately thrown away the standard headunit and replaced it with an aftermarket one. My old kenwood mp3 player that I'd had since about 2003 would rescan if it was loosing the signal, and reception with that radio was generally better as I don't recall ever having to retune it unless i was travelling cross country, and never on radio 2 'cos it automatically sorted itself out.

I haven't found a setting to enable the auto-rescan (perhaps I should RTFM again). Is everyone's mk3 tolly like this?

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Apparently I should press the AF button and maybe consider replacing the antenna base if I start getting bad reception all the time

Last edited:

Mao

Apr 27, 2010
Birmingham
Replace the base. I did mine last week and it's perfect now. It was clear from looking at the old base that it had corroded. Reception did seem to worsen if i went through a car wash. Ive put some silicone around the new base. The base Only cost a tenner from sere too. I've got a tdi sport '04 altea btw.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.